New Cichlid tank setup

Finally got our 75 gallon tank that we got from Paul Wallace setup.  It has taken several weeks/months to get to this point, and probably has a few more months to go to get it to the point we want it to be, but here is a fairly good picture of it:

IMAG0772.jpg

There is one fish in it presently that was included with the tank when we got it, a pleco, but he's staying out of sight now with his new tankmates being much more aggressive than his last.

Heather & Dennis

A

Anonymous

:spoton: - Looks nice! I anticipate updated pictures in the future when it gets where you "want it to be".

hose91

Ha, been a couple of months, hopefully those plants have filled in a bit! Love to see an update!

LOL, did you notice I said it is a cichlid tank, those plants were turned into fish food long ago. We planted some more and they seem to be leaving these alone for the time being. Just added some plastic plants and they make it look a bit better. Still not to my liking though, I'd prefer real plants, as do these Malawi cichlids. Pictures to come.

A

Anonymous

^ oh yeah - right! You would have thought at lest one of us would have caught that from the get go, LOL!!

Have you tried Anubias species?

The substrate is CaribSea African cichlid Mix, mixed with beach sand and pebbles. They love to dig through it looking for food.

We do have new photos, taken with a nice new camera. Had to try out the cam on our tanks dontcha know?
Will post them as soon as we download them from the phone. Plus the tank has several new baby zebra fry, and a few juniors as well.