New 125g Malawi setup

Bob

This was last weekends project. Ran out of time and steam before i could get the sump going. So i had to throw some hobs on until next weekend. Will also be adding a black background.

malawi_zpsa7koundj.jpg

Bob

master chi said:
looks great. I'm sure the mbuna will love the plants.As food that is!!

They actually don't touch the val. The mbuna and the val were in the same 55g tank for a long time.

Bob

Yup, they dont seem to care about it at all. I'll have to replant a few every week that they dig up but that's it.

Betty

Staff member
Nice looking fish. Do I see a crabro in there? I used to have some years ago -- always like them a lot.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Still on my to do list. I love a malawi tank with round smooth river rock and vallisneria. I've just never gotten around to setting it up. You're living my dream!

Bob

lloyd378 said:
Those fry stay safe in there?

Some make it. I used to pull them out when i could catch them. But there are just too many. They spawn so fast i wouldnt know what to do with them. They are always in the overflow box, today i found some in the sump, It's ridiculous.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Nice! My plecos are the same way, except I've recently discovered that my clown loaches love fry..... So I usually only have one or two make it each spawn

But back on topic! I really like the layout and the fish