Nerite snail eggs

Betty

Staff member
What an unsightly pain in the butt they are! Randomly placed on the glass and wood, they are everywhere and they are really stuck on.

Mikey

Yeah nerites have the worst eggs IMO. They don't usually hatch in freshwater and when they do there might be one or two. Have you had any baby snails?

icer711

Wow betty your cichlids don't eat them? I hardly ever see any cause my cichlids eat them 1-2 day after they lay them

sidekicking

my cichlids don't eat the eggs either....and I have like six nerites in a 30G tank but only like two of them lay eggs

Betty

Staff member
My fish don't eat the eggs. :|

I have to use my fingernail to scrape them off.

Paintguy

Ok.. now I understand the annoying snail egg thing and my fish have not touched them. Annoying that theses snails are not working on my hard green spot algae like I was expecting. A couple of them really cleaned up my daughters Beta tank though.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
haha My boyfriends cichlids eat the snails period. We can't keep snails in the tank at all. Sucks cause we have no cleaners in there because the kill them all!!

icer711

Paintguy said:
Ok.. now I understand the annoying snail egg thing and my fish have not touched them. Annoying that theses snails are not working on my hard green spot algae like I was expecting. A couple of them really cleaned up my daughters Beta tank though.
Sometimed u have to manualy move them...they get a little lazy when there full

icer711

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
haha My boyfriends cichlids eat the snails period. We can't keep snails in the tank at all. Sucks cause we have no cleaners in there because the kill them all!!
Shorty these are a different type of snail...I have lots and my cichlids do not eat them there very hard to get to