My SUPER Brine Shrimp Hatchery

clifford

Do you feed brine to everything at the store? I've recently ramped up my bbs usage with great results (for fry), but I can cover all the fry in my fish room with about .25 teaspoons a day, harvesting every day, changing the water once or twice a week.

If I forget to harvest for a day or leave the air off after harvesting I mess up the schedule (and have to scrub out and start over) but it's still far easer than the daphnia hatchery I'm running.

Do you still have the huge daphnia tub running? Still haven't brought any of my 300 gallon tanks inside to try-- but I did notice it's warm enough they're starting to breed outside again...

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I don't currently have daphnia going. As for brine I'll hatch about 2 tablespoons a day. I love to feed almost every tank baby brine. I'm just looking for a way to streamline it a bit more.

clifford

Has this monster been fired up?

I've been hatching a lot more brine recently (after decades of resistance), definitely have a much higher fry survival rate right off the bat, and nearly all my adults appreciate it too.

Although to be fair, 3/4 of the fish I keep are less than 3" long.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I actually just put the first eggs in it tonight. Video of it comes out a week from Thursday. But I think I'm gonna like it a lot.