FishBeast

Hello! Pierre here.

After reading about your guys' shrimp tank setups I decided to take a closer look at my neglected shrimp tank and enjoy the little critters a bit last night. I dropped in a food wafer to get them to the front of the tank and I also took some photos!

Enjoy!

P.S. I also took video so that's going up soon!

IMG_2380.JPG IMG_2395.JPG IMG_2435.JPG IMG_2412.JPG IMG_2468.JPG IMG_2431.JPG IMG_2476.JPG IMG_2438.JPG IMG_2478.JPG

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
That little red and white crystal is stealing my heart right now!

Shrimp are actually pretty cute. I used to be a bartender many years ago and we had a lobster feed at the bar where I worked. I was working, so I got to take my live lobster home. I named it Larry. And that's where the problems began. I couldn't eat him.

FishBeast

That little red and white crystal is stealing my heart right now!

Shrimp are actually pretty cute. I used to be a bartender many years ago and we had a lobster feed at the bar where I worked. I was working, so I got to take my live lobster home. I named it Larry. And that's where the problems began. I couldn't eat him.
What did you do with him? I remember Larry the lobster from Spongebob!

FishBeast

Thanks for taking the time to take and post the pics. Your shrimp all look great.
Thanks @Loren ! They seem ok considering the amount of neglect I've done on this tank (no water changes in 1.5 months, just top offs and also no testing of parameters)...

I should probably test the water soon. I did pick up a TDS meter recently too... I'm kinda scared to find out!

Loren

Thanks @Loren ! They seem ok considering the amount of neglect I've done on this tank (no water changes in 1.5 months, just top offs and also no testing of parameters)...

I should probably test the water soon. I did pick up a TDS meter recently too... I'm kinda scared to find out!
I once saw a youtube video where the shrimp were thriving amidst the worse of conditions. Everything that I read says they like things stable more than pristine. It kind of reminds me of when I worked and lived in Mexico. All of the gringos only drank and used bottled water. However, when we went on vacation or to the border we would drink tap water, use it or brush our teeth, etc. etc. Then sometimes we would get sick but not because the water was bad but because our bodies weren't used to it.

FishBeast

I once saw a youtube video where the shrimp were thriving amidst the worse of conditions. Everything that I read says they like things stable more than pristine. It kind of reminds me of when I worked and lived in Mexico. All of the gringos only drank and used bottled water. However, when we went on vacation or to the border we would drink tap water, use it or brush our teeth, etc. etc. Then sometimes we would get sick but not because the water was bad but because our bodies weren't used to it.
Good point! I know what you mean... I remember reading about a homeless dude that good samaritans picked up and helped out, giving him a haircut and shower, clean clothes, etc. only to have the guy get sick and die.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
What did you do with him? I remember Larry the lobster from Spongebob!

Oh this has been YEARS ago - long before there was a Spongebob. My partner at the time ate him. I left the house. I couldn't witness this carnage. We never spoke about it afterward. lol