My planted hex tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

censeoflife

So this is my other living room tank. I have had it for the longest and the plants do better in it than in any other aquarium I have. The rocks trap so much waste that I don't have to add any fert. and the plants look great.

pictur35.jpg

pictur36.jpg

Swimming around in there are 1 baby angel (zebra stripes), 3 tiger barbs, 3 black skirt tetras, 2 tetras (blue and red stripe) 1 pleco 5", and 2 green cory's.

IceBerg

censeoflife said:
Swimming around in there are 1 baby angel (zebra stripes), 3 tiger barbs, 3 black skirt tetras, 2 tetras (blue and red stripe) 1 pleco 5", and 2 green cory's.
Tiger barbs should really be in a school of no less than 6. It cuts down on aggression and fin nipping. :D

IceBerg

censeoflife said:
I noticed they where a bit aggressive. I will add some more. Thanks!
BTW awesome tank! In the future you will most likely have a problem with the Tiger Barbs harassing the fin's of the Angel fish. They are not recommended tank mates for any fish with "long flowing fins". Because of the Angel fish and the Black Skirt tetras I would remove the Tiger Barbs from the tank. A larger school of Black Skirt tetras with another Angel fish would be way better.

censeoflife

Yeah I know, I am just growing him out a bit so it wont have a hard time in my big tank. And right now they (barbs) only seemed concerned with keeping each other in line. All in all they are very entertaining.

This is the angel tank in my bedroom. The power heads kinda make it hard for a little guy to put on weight. So I keep em in the lil one till they reach a quarter size. Then they seem to do really well after that.
pictur37.jpg

You can kind of see the white and marble (angel) one on the right side. They started out dime size in the hex tank too.

Thank you for the input.!!

IceBerg

censeoflife said:
Yeah I know, I am just growing him out a bit so it wont have a hard time in my big tank. And right now they (barbs) only seemed concerned with keeping each other in line. All in all they are very entertaining.
Oh yeah. After the Oscar my favorite Tropical fish are definitely Tiger Barbs. I agree, those guys are very entertaining! :D

Lilydog

I love hex tanks. Don't have room to set up my 55hex. My gf said no more tanks in the house, and it doesn't fit in my garage. I guess I'll just live vicariously through others hex's. Looks good. If you want some taller plants to give some height let me know. Some rotalia indica or cryp spiralis should grow fine in a tank like that.

censeoflife

Lilydog said:
I love hex tanks. Don't have room to set up my 55hex. My gf said no more tanks in the house, and it doesn't fit in my garage. I guess I'll just live vicariously through others hex's. Looks good. If you want some taller plants to give some height let me know. Some rotalia indica or cryp spiralis should grow fine in a tank like that.
Totally that would be great. I have been wanting to make an appointment with you to get some plants but I have been low on funds as of late ( just picked up a tank last week) Hope to talk much, soon enough :) Another payday is always (knock on wood) around the corner. lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.