My new Leopard Frog Plecos!

Betty

Staff member
I really like plecos too, but have a hard time keeping them alive with the exception of bristlenose.

Spyral, are these active during the day or do they stay in their caves and come out at night? Are they algae eaters? Your saulosi don't mess with them? Do they breed in captivity?

Sorry for all the questions. They are so cool looking, I wouldn't mind picking some up, but at that price and my luck, I'm afraid to.

A

Anonymous

Betty said:
I really like plecos too, but have a hard time keeping them alive with the exception of bristlenose.

Spyral, are these active during the day or do they stay in their caves and come out at night? Are they algae eaters? Your saulosi don't mess with them? Do they breed in captivity?

Sorry for all the questions. They are so cool looking, I wouldn't mind picking some up, but at that price and my luck, I'm afraid to.
They are active day and night. They spend a good amount of time in their caves, but they come out a lot. They seem to eat algae, but like most plecos I have had, don;t seem to do much to the algae in the tank. The Saulosi were real curious at first, but they don't mess with them. I don't know if they breed n captivity.

sandnuka

I put 3 bn plecos in both tanks of mine that had alge probs... they dont have a drop of alge anymore! they cleaned it sooooo well! really impressive.... everytime ive had 1 pleco, never did anything to alge, but now that I got 3 in each tank.. BAM! they sparkle.