My Bichirs!

FishBeast

The endli is flexing the man fin. My ansorgii has been doing hat a lot lately. I have not seen it try and mate with any of the other polys but it is interesting to see him cup the anal fin like that.
I remember you posted a pic of that! It really is interesting behavior. Endli has been a bit nippier recently, always picking on the Faranah (I think female)...

L190

yeah probably going to connect them by 2 - 1.5" bulkheads. like you, i need to find time to actually build it

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Oooh would love to see that build! Are you going to put plumbing between them? LOL I'm just being lazy at this time, super busy with work and getting ready for vacation...

If I don't find one, I'll just go with a 55 :)

DUDE - you were just ON VACATION. How many vaykays does one guy and a couple of kids need???

FishBeast

Hi @DMD123 and @VickiK! I've been on and off vacation the last couple of weeks so have not been around here :) So busy catching up with work now, so all fish related projects on hold indefinitely. No sump yet for 210... all fish doing well. Didn't feed them for a week, they were so happy to see me :) How are you guys?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Good to hear from you! Hope you are all relaxed from your vacation.... or do you need a vacation because of the vacation? lol

All is well, missed the bichir updates. Hope to see some pics soon. :)

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Hi @DMD123 and @VickiK! I've been on and off vacation the last couple of weeks so have not been around here :) So busy catching up with work now, so all fish related projects on hold indefinitely. No sump yet for 210... all fish doing well. Didn't feed them for a week, they were so happy to see me :) How are you guys?

I'm good. I've not been around either. When every single thread has your picture as the last poster, you tell yourself, "You need to find something else to do." So I did. LOL

I gots more shrimps, Tankie is growing like a weed and I got Endlers coming out the wazoo. Will post updated in those threads too. :)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
@FishBeast Still around? Vacation again? (lol)

Been a while, how are the polys doing? They must be getting some size on them now.....

FishBeast

@FishBeast Still around? Vacation again? (lol)

Been a while, how are the polys doing? They must be getting some size on them now.....
HAhaha I'm here! Kids now off to school, summer's over and now back to fishies! Polys are doing ok... Still in the 120 as I haven't had time to set up my sump for the 210. I've been a bit neglectful and so I think nitrate levels slowed growth somewhat.... I think 1/2 to 1 inch max is how much they've grown... The Ornate grew at least an inch. :)

FishBeast

Some updates on the bichirs prior to the planned move to the 210 these next couple of weeks... they remain in the 120 which I have been “cultivating” black beard algae in. They have put on decent mass and a little length... the albino sen has plateaued in growth owing to its tank raised and inbred status. The Weeksii is fatter but same length. The ornate has grown the most in length and the Koloton has chunked up!

FishBeast

Feeding time with Jack and Dat.
70AE83E8-C1C3-453C-B4F5-7762459F1047.jpeg

Electric Blue Acara remains at 4-5”.
11C66BF6-5811-47BC-872D-348076CD640C.jpeg

Ornate now about a foot long. SUPER active and friendly!
DEB54988-0F7F-475C-B5A0-B1B968CFB25F.jpeg

Koloton smile.
3A44CF62-B293-4A2F-8AFF-BBA3500CD178.jpeg

Severum at 6-7”. A bit of a bully. I think he killed my chocolate cichlid.
43C6CC96-158B-4BD4-BA5F-E3103A6BFF17.jpeg

Black Volta, about a foot long. Pure evil.
71FAB523-9BE8-4266-B54C-2D02E2EB36AC.jpeg