My 7 Tanks- Pictures And Short Descriptions

lymitliss

Recently another member/friend of mine requested that I share pictures of my tanks. At first I was a little hesitant because none of my tanks are high end award winners that I feel are worthy of bragging about, but on the other hand I am a very amateur aquarist and have only been into fish for around 2 years, and I am proud of the interesting fish I have managed to get my hands on. Having 7 tanks, a daughter and a full time job as well as other hobbies has proven to be difficult, but I think I've done well keeping my head above water...pun intended. :D

Please keep in mind all of my tanks are works in progress, yes some plants are uprooted, yes I have algae going crazy in certain places, trust me I'm working on it! :rofl But helpful suggestions are welcome! There may be a few fish I forgot to include, feel free to ask questions or request more picture of specific things.

This is my 125g-
2 Juruparis
3 Oscars
1 Leopard Frog Pleco (Currently featured on site banner)
1 Zebra Pleco
1 Fire Eel
1 Common Pleco
3 Siamese Algae Eaters
1 Bolivian Ram
5 Wild Caught Emporer Tetras
1 Blue Phantom Pleco
Handful of Kribensis

Running CO2, 24/7 Planted+, Aqueon heater and an FX6 filter.
20160221_202829_zpsgwxyiqcx.jpg

55g-
1 Fahaka Puffer
2 (Used to be more :rofl) Black Skirt Tetras

Running CO2, 24/7 Planted+, Aquaclear HOB and Eheim heater.

20160221_202718_zps8fsxdwla.jpg

55g-
1 Mbu Puffer
2 Fancy Guppies (Also used to be more)

Running 24/7 Planted+, Eheim Heater and Tetra HOB.

20160221_200846_zpsvsfunwia.jpg

29g-
1 Hairy Puffer (Who now lives alone because he ate all of his friends)

Waiting to move these plants into my 300g, they're overgrown for the time being...

Running 24/7 Planted+, Aquaclear HOB and a Tetra heater.

20160221_201834_zpsfonu3gh6.jpg

20L-

4 Multifasciatus (and a handful of fry)
Ridiculous amount of snails

Been letting the algae go crazy because I've been going light on the cleanings with all the fry in the tank, afraid to suck them up!

Running Planted+, Aquaclear HOB and Aqueon Heater.

20160221_200857_zpsb9gqgzxt.jpg

55g Grow Out Tank-

2 Gold Severums
2 Red Shoulder Severums
Handful of Fancy Guppies
Handful of Kribensis Moliwe

Running Tetra LED lights that came with the lids, Eheim heater and a filter sponge.

20160221_203559_zpsyrllhcsn.jpg

300g-

1 Silver Arowana
1 Datnoid
1 Common Pleco

I believe I took this picture after adding the sand, so don't mind the cloudiness.

Running Planted+, 2 Eheim heaters and an FX6 filter.

20160208_211929_zpstxgurajl.jpg

Last edited:

Betty

Staff member
Nice job on the tanks. The only thing I can think of would be backgrounds, but that's just my preference. I like to hide the cords and tubing.

GoodnNuff

Nice job on the tanks. The only thing I can think of would be backgrounds, but that's just my preference. I like to hide the cords and tubing.
Love the tanks.
I've been using window tint for my backgrounds and been happy with it. Either a very dark limo tint, or the mirrored reflective tints.

JimmyZ

Nice looking tanks. The algae problem looks more like a cyanobacteria problem. Pretty hard to get rid of that stuff naturally. I tried a lot of non med ways to get rid of it to no avail. I finally did a dose of erythromycin in my 240 and it disappeared over night and hasn't come back. Knock on wood!

lymitliss

I definitely want to do backgrounds, I still need to decide what I want to use!

About time you got this up! All good looking tanks.

I know I know, thanks! :rofl

That Mbu sure is photogenic.

Yes he is, most puffers are very social. My Hairy Puffer, not so much :rolleyes:

Nice looking tanks. The algae problem looks more like a cyanobacteria problem. Pretty hard to get rid of that stuff naturally. I tried a lot of non med ways to get rid of it to no avail. I finally did a dose of erythromycin in my 240 and it disappeared over night and hasn't come back. Knock on wood!

The algae in the puffer tanks definitely is, I've treated it before but I try not to do it too often.