Mr. Aqua Tanks and Equipment

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
....so I'm watching fish vids on YouTube (big surprise) and I come across this guy that has Mr. Aqua tanks all over the place. I've never heard of them ever (small surprise). Thoughts? Anyone have one here?

Mike16T

....so I'm watching fish vids on YouTube (big surprise) and I come across this guy that has Mr. Aqua tanks all over the place. I've never heard of them ever (small surprise). Thoughts? Anyone have one here?

Those are good tanks.. The brand offers the regular and low iron ones. Just like any other manufacturers, low iron tanks are always more expensive. Mr aqua tanks also offers some odd dimensions in the past. I just recently picked up a mr aqua 33 gallon semi cube tank that was used as reef tank for $40. =) measures 24x18x18

julzhull

I have a 13.3 bowfront Mr. Aqua that I picked up on Black Friday. I love it! Only bummer is I'm not sure they have lids (with cats I need a lid). We had one custom made at TAP Plastics.

Seahawks!

From what I heard they are ok. I have seen them at some local pet stores. I was not too impressed with how the seams lined up and the silicon looked (compared to my ADA). They do offer them in standard glass and low-iron.

Marine Depot stopped carrying them. I see that bulk reef supply has them right now.

Marine Depot now carries Aquamaxx rimless low-iron. The reviews on Aquamaxx have been good. Almost all size of Aquamaxx are out of stock right now. So, I am not sure if there is an issue with their tanks.

If you like a black back-ground, "Innovative Marine - NUVO Black" is now available as well.

I was drooling over the Nuvo Black 30 gallon
  • Smoked Rear Glass Panel
  • Ultra-Thick 8mm Glass
  • Flat and Diamond Edge Polished
  • Minimal Clear Silicone
  • Dimensions: 35.43" x 15" x 13"
  • $191 free shipping :)
It is a little hard to justify compared to the petco $1 a gallon sale. Maybe someday.

Loren

I have a 12 gallon long that I picked up on Craigslist. I love it. Like Mike stated they make aquariums with unique sizes.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
It's strange to me that they don't come with lids. I gotta have a LID man!

@Seahawks! - I went and took a look at that tank on Marine Depot. I love this bit in the description: This extra attention to detail put into a modern, rimless, diamond polished aquarium, lets you know however far this hobby takes you, fresh or salt, the nuvo Black will be ready to get you there.

I love marketing speak.

Mike16T

It's strange to me that they don't come with lids. I gotta have a LID man!

@Seahawks! - I went and took a look at that tank on Marine Depot. I love this bit in the description: This extra attention to detail put into a modern, rimless, diamond polished aquarium, lets you know however far this hobby takes you, fresh or salt, the nuvo Black will be ready to get you there.

I love marketing speak.

It's pretty easy to make a lid or at least DIY it. You can buy a lip clips for rimless tanks and lid handle (Both really cheap from ebay) then go to your local glass shop and have them custom cut you a glass.