mobile view problems

KaraWolf

Just recently on my phone(samsung galaxy s 5 active running andriod version 4.4.2.) when I have it set to mobile view both the home and menu buttons wont open. Looks like they click but it doesnt load up, just sits on the page Im on like I havent clicked anywhere. Maybe the past 2 or 3 days.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Hmm Cory? Would something have changed any when the portal was modified?

Kara, have you tried deleting your cookies and such on your phone and see if this fixed the issue? Or a phone power down or battery yank (if you can) sometimes my phones in the past have acted goofy and any of these would fix the issues.

KaraWolf

Oh gawds. Power down + battery yank + restart of wafishbox tab made the home button do this:

Mind you, I can access anywhere I want without trouble on the desktop version.
Looking for cookies now

A

Anonymous

Eww, switch back to web, mobile sucks.

Perhaps it is the wierd font you are using?!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
fishNAbowl said:
Perhaps it is the wierd font you are using?!

Oh this could be. Is it an app you use the change the fonts or is it within the phones settings? As well do you have the font sized enlarged more than standard?

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
KaraWolf said:
Just recently on my phone(samsung galaxy s 5 active running andriod version 4.4.2.) when I have it set to mobile view both the home and menu buttons wont open. Looks like they click but it doesnt load up, just sits on the page Im on like I havent clicked anywhere. Maybe the past 2 or 3 days.

Weird, I'm running a samsung galaxy s4 to do all my testing and have no problems. Also besides mid day yesterday. Nothing has changed, so in theory if it's been happening for a couple of days it'd be on your end as opposed to the forum's end. Anyone else running into this problem?

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Yikes I haven't seen it yet. But I run desktop format as a standard on all sites from my phone. I have a blackberry so it's quite compatible with most sites.

I'm also getting the jumbled screen, on my phone (iPhone5s) when you click on the Home button from the front page. Other than that, everything is displaying properly.

Let me clarify.

When the URL is http://www.wafishbox.com things display properly until you click the home button, which changes the URL to:
http://www.wafishbox.com/forum/index.php which causes the jumbled up page.

Adding to that... there are some things that I've noticed that aren't working anymore (at least on my end)

When I tap on the "Home" or "Menu" buttons (mobile version of the forum), they are unresponsive.
*The Home and Menu buttons DO work when you're at the front page, but when you're in a topic, they become unresponsive.

Also, when attaching a photo to a post, when I press the "Place inline" button, nothing happens. (This is also true on the desktop mode, or if I'm on a PC/Laptop, I've tried this on multiple computers, so it can't just be on the user end side of things.)
(Note* this is why most of my recent posts that have pictures show them as an attachment, rather than being IN the posts, so to speak.)

This also makes the other post buttons (making things bold, italic, adding a youtube video, or link) are unresponsive.

I usually also run the "full version" of the forum on my phone, which alleviates all the problems I've listed above. It just gets tedious to have to click on the "full version" button every single time on my phone, but I've gotten used to that, so it's not really much of a complaint, really. =P

KaraWolf

Swiched from crome to the standard internet icon (assuming safari?) Same problem. Unresponsive home and menu buttons; Far as I can tell from all pages.
Can't comment on the post buttons as most of my replies are from the quick reply and I type out any code I want in them. As well as post from photobucket because I lost access to servimg ages ago back when there was toolbar problems.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
By the way, if it becomes fixed for you please let me know. As I can't replicate the viewing problem. I can try things to fix it, but it's kind of working blind.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
currently mobile is disabled, and I am looking to install tapatalk for mobile access.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
we should be tapatalk enabled now, takes a little bit for it to show up on their feed I think.