WTB Medium size "fancy" pleco,MU or PU Burien area

specb1818

Looking for a medium size fancy, but not too expensive pleco. Let me know what you got. Pm me with pictures and a price. Thanks

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
What do you consider fancy? Im selling a 9" rhino pleco. A few years old now and raised in a 210g all its life so Im thinking full grown. Not super rare but not many own them....

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
@specb1818

Might help to be specific in your request. Just a suggestion but change the "medium" to an actual numerical size bracket. Since you responded back to my pm that 9" was too large for your set up then you should say what size range you want. "Medium" is very subjective.

Also too would be a good idea to edit 'fancy' and actually use the L number of the pleco you are interested in. I find it best not to use common names because that can cause a lot of confusion because of what one person may call comething may not be what somone else calls it. But even a specific name would be more help than "fancy".

Have you checked with Cory at Aquarium Co-Op? He carrys a nice selection of plecos and he tends to stock ones that are not the gaints but more reasonable for average sized tanks.

Madness

Staff member
Well said D.

I must add that if your looking for an inexpensive "fancy" pleco, than you will have to go with the basic Hypancistrus types or your less expensive ansistrus. I guarantee you wont find many that are willing to give away an expensive "fancy" pleco for cheap.

Check out this website and then come back here and post a list of what you like. Your typical "fancy" pleco can average $25-$100 for a fish 2-4" in size

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/numbers.php?mode=l&thumbs=16