Map with locations of local fish stores

Betty

Staff member
Hey guys,

I have a tendency to get lost when going to the fish stores out of my area that I don't visit very often, so I was putting together a map this morning of the stores that I have been to (and a couple that I'd like to go to) and thought this might be a good idea for the site to have in the Rate the Fish Store section. The ratings are a great idea, but there are no addresses in the topics, so having a map in that section would help to locate these stores.

The Google maps are customizable and you could highlight our sponsors' stores with a different color or symbol to make them stand out or whatever other ideas you come up with. You can add pictures, videos, descriptions, etc.

Here's mine as an example -- hope this works. :D (I know there are a lot more stores than just these.)

<iframe width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&source=embed&msa=0&msid=104609084715788697127.00048ffca9e39c11ccf57&ll=47.717154,-122.338257&spn=1.773976,3.515625&z=8&output=embed"></iframe>
<small>View Fish stores in a larger map</small>

If you click "View Fish stores in a larger map" it takes you to the full view with the names of the fish stores listed in alphabetical order. Or you can click on the markers on the map and it should tell you the name of the fish store. Or you can just use a link if you don't want to embed the map --> Fish Store Map

larry.beck

cafman said:
saddened by the lack of legit fish stores on the peninsula.
icer711 said:
lack lol ........ ha ha how about any?????
Utter and complete absence. Well, salterwater peeps have a nice, albeit small store in The Shark Reef and koi peeps have Clear Creek Nursery. For the rest of us... it' s just a dark hole.

icer711

ha very truce but i have to claim the shark reef as my fish store out here lol i buy supply's from time to time form him also hes back at clear creek so they now are basically the same place now

icer711

get one this one ;)
ha ha and mikey we should make one for where other members are ;) that way we kinda know who our neighbors are... and no exact add are not required just a general center of town like tacoma, lakewood, DT seattle, shorline kinda of thing

Mikey

icer711 said:
get one this one ;)
ha ha and mikey we should make one for where other members are ;) that way we kinda know who our neighbors are... and no exact add are not required just a general center of town like tacoma, lakewood, DT seattle, shorline kinda of thing
that's a good idea...i think you mentioned this before. Can people add their location? because I'm not about to do 250 members on the map :) lol

icer711

lol yes i have.. but a general local for all in the area would work out fine i think... but it would be at each members choosing to participate... and :face: 250 WOW where have i been?

Mikey

icer711 said:
lol yes i have.. but a general local for all in the area would work out fine i think... but it would be at each members choosing to participate... and :face: 250 WOW where have i been?
We have 296 registered users. :)

Betty

Staff member
Icer, have you ever clicked on "Who is online" down toward the bottom of the index page? That will show you the approximate location of members, but only the ones that happen to be online at the same time.

I have been on a couple of forums that have the maps that let members add their own locations as well.