Looking to get Apistos

CSlater21

fishNAbowl said:
CSlater21 said:
Guys thanks for the warm welcome and replies.

Great start here at the Fishbox.

I will get some pics of the tank up later. Currently there is still quite a bit of open site from side to side. Knowing that, the Apistos and the Rams are not gonna get along to well huh..

What about putting in a couple Electric Blue Rams to accompany the GBR's?

Thanks again!!
I have Apistogramma and rams together . They do fine keeping to themselves. But if you wish to breed best to do so in a species tank, or something larger if ypu wan tto house together.
Perfect that is what I wanted to here!! I don't really care or need them to breed. At least not yet.. 8) 

A

Anonymous

Sure! Just like Cory was saying, have a bunch of stuff in your tank. Woods, rocks, plants. These things help regulate cichlid aggression. Dither such as a school of tetra, and or a school of Corydalis also help.

WhosUrDadi

fishNAbowl said:
WhosUrDadi said:
My choices for Apisto.

- macmasteri
- macmasteri "gold"
 8) - Do you know where to get these 2 ?!?!
did you asked Cory if he can get it?
you might want ot try to ask Jed also. i for got his Forum name tho.. =(
I have his contact number. if you want i can PM it to you

A

Anonymous

I haven't asked Cory, just seen you list them, I haven't actually been searching , but have been keeping an eye open for them. I think Jed's screen name is Jubs.

WhosUrDadi

fishNAbowl said:
I haven't asked Cory, just seen you list them, I haven't actually been searching ,  but have been keeping an eye open for them. I think Jed's screen name is Jubs.
I see.

yah those Apistos that I listed are my options when I set up my first planted tank... =)

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a video I shot today with bad lighting real quick.

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/Q2-csiwIP2A" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

A

Anonymous

The Orange flash at Aquarium CoOp are amazing. I've never seen these so bright.

InfamousRedlineZ

Oh man those orange flash are absolutely amazing. Would love to get that for my restaurant community tank. How much are they going for Cory?

CSlater21

Hey Guys,

So unfortunatley I had to give the rams away. While I really liked them, they were bullying the other fish in the tank pretty bad.. They were certainly an aggressive pair. They would even nip at me when I would clean the tank..

I am hoping I would have better luck with some Apisto's.

Thoughts?