Local Fish Breeders?

edsimmons

Hello,

I'm looking to meet local fish breeders, I'm interested in community type fish, Guppies/Endlers, Corys, Killi, Rams etc. If you are a brreder or if you know someone local I'd love to chat and buy some fish.

Thank You
Ed Simmons

John58Ford

Man, I sold my GBRs but was doing that for quite a while. How serious and which disciplines(wild/preservation vs hybrid/morph/line)? I don't do wild line endlers but do have 3 lines of hybridized (intentionally) endler/wild guppy. Back many generations (years ago) I started with a few chili, peacock and sunset line bred endlers. I have what I consider "bomb proof" fish now after crossing them in (again years ago); my patterns are chili, peacock and black bar double sword (true sword, not just the color pattern). I don't do high volume though, only sell a couple hundred per year, ~25 at a time to a small lfs up here. They don't get returns on my fish unlike the imports.

There are some way more serious breeders on this forum than me. But that's what I'm comfortable saying I "breed" intentionally. I have a colony of multis but I'm not trying to sell them really, but I guess I could, there's another member here with many more of those as well lol. Pretty much the multis are this forums version of Oprah handing out a box of kittens.

Last edited:

BPSabelhaus

A bit late to the party, but I breed Endlers and keep a few rarer strains like French blues.

PXL_20231021_025945629.MP.jpg

Currently restarting my cobra colony with some exceptionally handsome males and females with a black and red tail.

I keep a colony of magentas, nice small bodied ones with purple.

I'm starting to breed out some of the results of my French blue cobra crosses and my magenta males and the females of those crosses.
Strawberry lemonade Love the purple tigrinus patterning

PXL_20231030_202409840.jpg
PXL_20231030_203457654.jpg

The alt of that pairing, blue eyed flamingo. No tigrinus pattern but nigrocaudal with white bellies.
PXL_20231031_193348009.jpg

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
A bit late to the party, but I breed Endlers and keep a few rarer strains like French blues.

View attachment 13243

Currently restarting my cobra colony with some exceptionally handsome males and females with a black and red tail.

I keep a colony of magentas, nice small bodied ones with purple.

I'm starting to breed out some of the results of my French blue cobra crosses and my magenta males and the females of those crosses.
Strawberry lemonade Love the purple tigrinus patterning

View attachment 13244
View attachment 13247

The alt of that pairing, blue eyed flamingo. No tigrinus pattern but nigrocaudal with white bellies.
View attachment 13246
Nice collection of breeders.

I have a few “feeder guppies” that have grown to have color and are breeding in my classroom tank while I figure out what I want to stock it with. I’ve been kicking around the idea of bringing in some of my corys and just letting the 2 males and 2 female guppies breed ( until the birth defects start to happen). I may even go buy a couple of fancier male guppies to mix in so that way we can make genetic observations in my 1 science class I teach.

Of course I’d need to bring in a double probably 6 more females too, but the 40g should handle that without any problems as it planted and the only big waste fish is my sailfin pleco.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I have some Japanese blue and some Johnfordi endlers. I'm not actively separating out juveniles to ensure a purer strain of either right now.

BPSabelhaus

Nice collection of breeders.

I have a few “feeder guppies” that have grown to have color and are breeding in my classroom tank while I figure out what I want to stock it with. I’ve been kicking around the idea of bringing in some of my corys and just letting the 2 males and 2 female guppies breed ( until the birth defects start to happen). I may even go buy a couple of fancier male guppies to mix in so that way we can make genetic observations in my 1 science class I teach.

Of course I’d need to bring in a double probably 6 more females too, but the 40g should handle that without any problems as it planted and the only big waste fish is my sailfin pleco.
I actually just started keeping feeder guppies after the kiddo needed to save the Endlers from the feeder tank at Midway lol I had been avoiding them because I knew the rabbit hole it could be. But, I actually learned a considerable amount about my colonies. I was seeing modern guppy traits expressed and assuming it was from guppy females / carry over etc... which it is, but it's bring expressed in a wild manner.

Two of the boys have snakeskin patterning which led down a hike and my realization that I have an entire tank of female snakeskin Endlers, with various expressions of the colors that I've been culling because I thought they were mutts of cobras and guppies :facepalm: lol So I guess snakeskin or grass mosaic (of which I've culled many blackbars with mosaic tails lol) is gonna be first :)

If you feel like tossing in wild cards lol

PXL_20231105_193318754.jpgPXL_20231104_215116801.jpg

This is my male only tank. Crossbreeds, French blues with a bit of green or wrong swords etc...