FS Lg. Geophagus Tapajos SOLD !

finray56

We have a small group of 4 fairly large Geophagus Tapajos that we will be listing FS but I'm not really sure what to ask for them so I thought I might get some opinions. We have had these for at least a couple of years now, they have laid eggs a few times however they have either been eaten by our pleco or algae eater although they may have also been eaten by the Tapajos ? I think part of the problem is that the 75 gallon tank we have them in is just too small for these fish. The alpha male is close to 7", and the others range from 5"-6" in size. We are not getting a larger tank so we thought we would see if anyone here is interested, we are looking to sell them at a reasonable price.
If anyone here is interested let me know, we live in Burien and they would need to be picked up ! I'll post some pictures here too. Most important to us is that they get a good home !
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I would ask Madness what he would sell Them for as he has had ( maybe still has) a beautiful collection of “geos”... I’ll text him and he will hopefully comment

finray56

I would ask Madness what he would sell Them for as he has had ( maybe still has) a beautiful collection of “geos”... I’ll text him and he will hopefully comment
Thank you, no rush just trying to get an idea and see if anyone is interested in our group of Geos. :)

finray56

What is your asking price?
We originally saved the biggest male from hole in the head, that's at least a couple years ago now. That being said he is probably still up to the task of mating even though he's getting older. We just want them to get a good home, we are asking $75 for the group of 4. P/U in Burien !
Lee

Brad Hering

We originally saved the biggest male from hole in the head, that's at least a couple years ago now. That being said he is probably still up to the task of mating even though he's getting older. We just want them to get a good home, we are asking $75 for the group of 4. P/U in Burien !
Lee
Lee
One male and three females?
Lee
Lee
Lee

finray56

Do you recommend 100 gallons plus?
I would recommend a six footer so they have enough space to feel more comfortable. Once you are able to determine a pair you might even keep them alone, or if you are good at venting get rid of the extra male ?