Lets see some bocourti.

A

Anonymous

I'm hoping there are others here that keep this awesome fish. I will start here is a picture of mine. Don't really know much about them but I got this one about 11 months ago and now its about 7". Its colored up well and I'm happy with the look and size of the fish. I will have to reasearch and find how to sex them. Let's see some more.
IMG_20110831_134349.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Ive heard of them being kept with Pearsei and having a similar temperament. Supposed to be a gentle giant. I would like to see some pics too and what ever info you may have.

A

Anonymous

They are commonly kept with pearsei, but often times removed from the same tank because bocourti and pearsei I so much alike they see eachother as compatition. But I had them together for a while and they were fine. Sometimes the bocourti would over power the pearsei even though the pearsei were noticably bigger.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
fish_n_vw said:
Sometimes the bocourti would over power the pearsei even though the pearsei were noticably bigger.
Thats what I have often heard about them. Tend to be a bit more assertive then the Pearsei.

Adonijah

I put three in with my Cuban one time... safe to say I only have one now :(

He hold's his own, but the festae still doesn't like him lol

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Ok then, so lets take this on a bit of a tangent. If you could own only one, which would you pick a bocourti or pearsei? And what makes you choose that fish over the other?

Madness

Staff member
Bocourti hands down. Strictly by looks, I think the Bocourti is so beautiful.

A

Anonymous

Ummm that's tough,, bocourti have amazing color. But pearsei get like 5 inches bigger and have really nice pattern... I couldent decide, that's why I keep both.:)