Less Aqua

Evergreenblue

So, I figured I would just start with this...
IMG_20170501_194423_zpsiqqxyudo.jpg

...and let you all know that there won't really be much water in it. Do you all still want to follow?

Evergreenblue

You know what Vicki... I like that comment and I think I'll use that as a "theme", if you will. I think I'll s t the scene with my next post!

Full credit to you of course (assuming there's enough interest in this!)

Evergreenblue

This story takes place in the Sipaliwini Savannah. Located in southern Suriname, the Sipaliwini Savannah is a grassland peppered with palm trees.
mapazureus%201_zpszckgjhpt.jpg

ns-area_zpsfjjlcf91.gif

Within the Savannah, forest islands exist around water, creating isolated tropical ecosystems with high humidity and an abundance of life.
image010_zpsrg1p9jzm.jpg

Imagine within one if these forest islands, you see fallen branches and decaying vegetation in the understory giving life to epiphytic plants and fungi, surrounded by moss covered rocks and tiny shallow pools of water.

Evergreenblue

Not the best eye candy, but I figured I would share some quick pictures of the hardscape I've selected... I'll probably do a mockup and share what I had in mind soon.
IMG_20170509_204825_zpseikudqdv.jpg

IMG_20170509_204841_zps8vnsxkrs.jpg

I plan on turning this into a nursery log:
IMG_20170509_204855_zpsxcbtvn3m.jpg

I'm going to have some stones too, but haven't found any I like yet.

Loren

This story takes place in the Sipaliwini Savannah. Located in southern Suriname, the Sipaliwini Savannah is a grassland peppered with palm trees.
mapazureus%201_zpszckgjhpt.jpg

ns-area_zpsfjjlcf91.gif

Within the Savannah, forest islands exist around water, creating isolated tropical ecosystems with high humidity and an abundance of life.
image010_zpsrg1p9jzm.jpg

Imagine within one if these forest islands, you see fallen branches and decaying vegetation in the understory giving life to epiphytic plants and fungi, surrounded by moss covered rocks and tiny shallow pools of water.
Small world. I did an independent study report on Suriname in college. Would love to go there someday.

Evergreenblue

I'm still deciding how I want to place the log... I'll try to mock up the branches though to help show what I have in mind!

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Evergreenblue

It's a little dark, and please excuse the golf tees holding up the wood, but here's a couple pictures showing what I have in mind. (Eventually I'll put better pictures up, I promise! :D)
IMG_20170511_201909_zpsnw8xg9fx.jpg

IMG_20170511_201922_zps9za7guqc.jpg

*Note the awesome pocket in the center of the piece on the left... I've got plans for that!

Evergreenblue

I'm attending the reptile expo tomorrow in Monroe... I've never been to one, but perhaps I might find something useful for this, we will see!