Lamprologus Brevis

A

Anonymous

Awesome tank and fish! I had some people over this morning (icer, his 2 kids and lars on) and they spent a lot of time staring at the shellie tank waiting for them to come out..lol

A

Anonymous

Mine too, but they get shy with 4 people huddled over the tank..lol

Jacko

Was it the one you wanted? Saw another one that was pretty decent sized after you left and started wondering...

Oh yeah... and take some pics! :D

sandnuka

they are called shellies... not only do they hide there when there scared or escapeing a predator, but they mate, raise young, sleep, pretty much live in the shell... :)

sandnuka

Shellies are in allot of pet stores.... down by you I would go to midway or place for pets.... they have a pretty good selection of shellies I heard.... call them first though, cause they sell out fast... pretty popular lil guys...

They stay super small... thats probably why they are so popular, they have all that cichlid attitude and can fit happily all there life in a 10gal.... Think they get 1.5" ?? depends on the variant... maybe some get up to 2.5" .... Pretty sure the male in the picture is full grown.. probably just fatten up a little bit.