Lake Tanganyika Tank

sandnuka

here is my lake tanganyika tank

tangan10.jpg

larry.beck

Nice! I'm jealous! I can't get my Tang tank until we get the new house built. I already know what I'm getting though - a brand spanking new Envision Acrylics 240L. Eight feet of watery wonderland for a group frontosa to call home. 8)

How is your stock list working out sandnuka?

sandnuka

Actually I had all my fish, (mainly tanganyika) all together in one tank for awhile because i was cleaning up the other two.... So I took a picture! right now I have sold almost everything though.... I have a Tropheus Duboisi tank, and a Tropheus Lufubu tank.... Fronts gone, Tropheus Ikola gone, everything else... gone! lol....
I am going to get some more bichardi though, and have them with the duboisi in the 80gal.... the 46gal is just for the lufubu.

larry.beck

Sounds like you're hooked on the Tropheous. :lol:

I'm not sure what type of Front's I'll go with - probably one of the more blue species. Definitely want to get some calvus or comps to go with them, and then probably something like Ikola to round it out. Would love to get some Neolamprologus brichardi in there but I don't expect that would work. Obviously I haven't done my homework on the stocking list yet. The only experience I have with Tang's is my wife's 6g shell-dweller tank - not quite the same!

sandnuka

Well, if your focus is on Frontosa, and blue ones, your looking for the zaire group, the moba, kampampa, mpimbwe... there is actually a mpimbwe breeder with some great looking fry very cheap on the site... let me know if you want his info..... and as far as what other stuff can be mixed in there..... I would not go with tropheus..... they are waaaay to aggressive for the gentle giant... maybe some calvus, and bichardi, but the bichardi are small... could end up lunch... lol... anyway, let me know when your ready to get started, Id be glad to help ya out.
Joe