lake tanganyika tank

L190

So this is my 100 gallon lake tanganyika tank after I had to tear down the rock scape to remove 3 caudopunctatus because they were being punks to my other fish. I added some shells to the tank to get ready for some multis i plan to put in there. So far in this tank I have 10 cyprichromis leptosoma kerenge island, 10 xenotilapia kilesa, 4 calvus, 2 compressiceps, 6 julidochromis transcriptus. The idea is to raise the fish up enough to sex them and keep the ratio I want in the tank.

Attachments

• rsz_img_1887.jpg
    rsz_img_1887.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 54
  • rsz_img_1845.jpg
    rsz_img_1845.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 54
  • rsz_img_1890.jpg
    rsz_img_1890.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 54
  • rsz_img_1891.jpg
    rsz_img_1891.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 54
  • rsz_img_1895.jpg
    rsz_img_1895.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 54

Betty

Staff member
Tank looks really nice. I love the lace rock.

It's hard to tell from that one picture, but looking at your Julies, I have to wonder if they are transcriptus or if they are actually marlieri? I bought mine years ago, labeled as transcriptus, but found out later that they were marlieri "Gombe". Here's where I posted for ID a long time ago. http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=221795.

L190

Hmmm I wonder. I bought the julies from jay and carol and they labeled them as transcriptus. Either way I'm happy with whatever I have. I like how the julies stay close to my rockwork.

hose91

Really nicely done! I too love the lace rock formation you put together on the right, especially! I just picked up a bunch of lace rock from a fellow 'boxer (Nick87) with the intent of putting together a 40B Tanganyikan tank in the very near future.

Love those yellow comps as well! I don't know much about the kilesa, except that I don't think the 40B offers them enough open sand space. I'm thinking a shellie, some comps or calvus, and some sort of schooling dither since cyps seem inappropriate for a 36" tank. I would add Julies too, if I thought there was enough room for them and the Calvus/comp pair or trio that I'm shooting for.

Keep up the good work!