Krib wrigglers!

hyp3rcrav3

I have between 40 and 50 F1 Krib wrigglers (Pelvicachromis pulcher AKA Cichlasoma Kirbensis) on a saucer in a 4 gallon tank.

The parents are really good parents, wild caught, and do everything needed to take care of the fry. Once they let them go they start to dissappear and are all gone by the time they start another brood. They are in a 25 gallon stainless show tank (36 inches long). We once had 10 kribs in this tank and they lived together just fine, even breeding and growing into adulthood. This pair, wiped out another pair that came with it, first the female killed the other female, and the next brood the other male died. It was actually surptizing but I imagine it is because they are wild caught and not accustomed to small territories. They acted like they were already mated immediately upon introducing them a few months ago. This is the 4th brood that I know of so I decided to steal the eggs. My kribs want to kill me.

cichlid-gal

Congrats...and yes pics would be great. I have two pairs of kribs in a 125G tank and when they are spawning they own about 1/3rd of the tank. No one is allowed near those babies or the area they have them in. They can be vicious.