King's Discus - Seattle

sonnys503

Overall Experience 2
Cost 2
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 3
Service 0

I stop by every time I am in CT, but only to look never to buy! He seems to go through phases of what's in. Back in the days, it was all discus, then all flowerhorns, then mostly arrowanas, haven't been there for awhile. I don't think the owner is too friendly!

shua

Overall Experience 5
Cost 4.5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 3
Service 5

if you get to know Kevin he is a really nice guy. and he is also talking about going all salt up stairs (witch i dont like the idea of) if you ask him to order any thing than he will do whats in his power to get the fish for you.

rattle1972

Overall Experience 4
Cost 3
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 2
Service 4

can you say FLOWERHORNS! lots of them. there was a language barrier between the lady there and myself. but she was extremely nice. she was more then willing to order the fish i was looking for, but, she didnt know the fish i was looking for so we called it a day.

A

Anonymous

Overall Experience 5
Cost 3
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 4

First time visiting here yesterday. Nice store, they need to work on their Frontosa housing though. A 9" fish does not belong in a little tiny tank.

A

Anonymous

Exp. 5
Cst. 5
Qlty. 4
Vty. 3
Srvc. 5

This store is good. Kevin knows alot about many fish, and he has been adding more variety to his tanks
I bought my first BIG tank from him. 360 gallons with a 40 gal wet dry

alexmuw

Overall Experience - 3
Cost - 3
Quality- 4
Variety - 3
Service - 3

Nothing special about this store. Lots of flowerhorns. A bit small, tanks upstairs no longer running. Was expecting more (based on reviews).

Racersk

Overall Experience 4
Cost ?
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 3
Service 5

Cool little shop, very friendly! Not a whole lot to choose form and those oscars in the back look like they might have a bit of ick or something, but MAN look at the number of silver aros they have!! Bout 20 or so at $45 a piece, not bad. Wish the selection was a bit better. Glad to see the bare bottom tanks, easy to see if they are clean or not...

Racersk

When I went in there, the stock was in good condition, just not really what I am after. GF in the bottom tanks and discus in the tops, chicla and others in the tops... some big healthy fish, just not a huge variety, not alot of floor space eithe, plus I like odballs. I spoke a little to the owner ( I assume) and he was very friendly, also, I TOTALLY advise if your on an outing to downtown, take a peak at this shop!

EricaD

Overall Experience 3
Cost 3
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 3
Service 4

I just picked up 2 lovely EBJD's here (they had 6 under 2 inches) and, while I was initially put off by the cramped store, small tanks and loud jack-hammering coming from upstairs, I spent enough time observing the fish to see they are healthy. EBJD's are delicate, but if they could survive original transport to the shop, living at this loud store and tiny tank, AND a 2 hour bus ride home, well they have a great shot continuing to live in my quiet and peaceful house! Too many flowerhorns, not enough cichlids, but they had the specific fish I wanted, so good enough for me. The lady who helped me was really nice, but the 2 or 3 crying kids/babies running around the shop (both times I visited) and napping in strollers put me off. It's part fish store, part daycare center, part construction zone.

Pleco_Party

Overall Experience - 5
Cost - 4
Quality- 5
Variety - 5
Service - 5

Checked out King Discus today. It was a very cool place. They had a huge verity of fish and everything looked very healthy. Their discus are beautiful! I wanted to talk to the guy who owned the place but he wasn't there. But the wife was very very nice and helpful. I would suggest King Discus to anyone. Its definitely worth a look.

A

Anonymous

overall experience 4
cost 4
quality of fish 4
varity 3
service 5

anthony

I have been to this store twice and never bought anything. Both times lots of discus and flowerhorns. One time I asked the lady how much for a sunshine peacock juvenile she said $20 . I then asked about a juvi green terror she said $20 I felt if I asked about another $10 fish my price was going to be $20 but I could not find another interesting fish. After being asked for change by 10+ winos because I parked under the underpass I decided to take this place off my fish tweakin list.

overall experience 2
cost 2
quality of fish 4
variety 2
service 3

zach_discus

Win some loose some

Overall Experience 3
Cost 2
Quality of Fish 2
Variety 2
Service 3

Well swung by today on my way home from picking up some tanks today. Wow super disappointing :). They have always been hit or miss but was very sad today.

Overall score of 3, like most stores it can be hit or miss. I've stopped in and found several nice verities of good quality (5 score days) or days like today. Very few Discus and somewhat dirty (2 score day)

Cost, quality and verity 2s, Very few fish and really only verities avalable. 3 of the four were small and lower quality than I'm used to seeing there. Now they did have a couple tanks with tiger pigeons that were very impressive. Nothing was marked for price or color, but when asked they were looking for top$$$ for mostly mid grade fish

Service, thay are always nice and great to talk too. I stop in about once every other month and they remember me and ask how my Discus are doing.