Keep an eye out for a male dovii

Modest_Man

Looks like all 4 of my red dovii are females as I am getting unfertilized eggs every couple of weeks.

I will need a 10"+ male dovii to not get eaten or destroyed and will settle for the standard coloration as I doubt I can find a red male anywhere, let alone locally.

I've checked all the online vendors I know and can only find 5-6" fish max.

So if anyone hears about a larger male dovii for sale please let me know.

Thanks.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Do you want blue or red? I can get you a blue more than likely this week... probably 11-12”

Modest_Man

I would take either. Going to be a bit pickier on a blue just because they are relatively easier to come by. That would be about the ideal size.

Didn't you take the big male red dovii?

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I did, and would have loved for you to get him, but last month a guy in sequim wanted him for his breeding project( he has an unrelated female he bought from the east coast).... I didn’t want the local line to dry up so that male is over there now.

the blue male I mentioned is currently in Tacoma, he came from a guy up north who ordered him from Florida. I’ll get some pics and a price for ya from his current owner

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
No problem..... I haven’t got a hold of him ( he’s been working like crazy too)

Modest_Man

You hear anything? I just got eggs again, with no male. I have 2 different females laying every other week.

Modest_Man

No PM received. Shannon related to Robert? Robert said he had a couple I could grab from him this weekend but they're smaller.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Shannon and Robert are friends . I believe Shannon is holding Roberts larger Dovii .

Definitely go check out Roberts first, if they aren’t large enough, I will send you Shannon’s info again via pm ( or at least try)

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I can get you Roberts old male Dovii! 13”, and he is $100 ( the same price I got him from robert for and then sold him to be used in a feeding project )

the guy is located in sequim but will be making a trip to aquarium paradise within the next two weeks

Modest_Man

Yeah I will take him. Let me know what I need to do. Going to be out of town fishing till Saturday. I'll PM you my phone number.