Jones Pets - Marysville

Soggy

Overall Experience 4
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 3
Variety 4
Service 5

Great shop if your looking for hardware, Huge selection of tanks and everything else you need. The fish have been hit or miss for me and you can always find some dead fish somewhere in the tanks. The staff have been super the last few times I've been in, asking all the right questions and making sure I'm not buying something I can't keep.

One thing they do real well are their sales. Tanks/stands sold at cost, buy one fish get one free, etc. and they always put huge posters in the front windows to tempt me.

Addictedtofish

Overall Experience: 4
Cost: 3
Quality of Fish: 5
Variety: 4
Service: 5

Decent Northern LFS, some of the staff are pretty knowledgeable. The fish are good priced, but the supplies are over priced.

A

Anonymous

Overall Experience: 3.5
Cost: 2.5
Quality of Fish: 5
Variety: it varies
Service: 2
I have to add that the below issue has been resolved. Out of the blue the owner of the store called me (they have number from rewards program and I let them have it on Facebook, ha!) She was awesome. Totally understood, going to research the plant, give more contact info to her employees so she can be notified if NO managers are at the store and there is an issue, and I'll be getting a full refund.

Thank you Mrs. Jones!
2-4-2012 after raving about the store I got pooped on here. I purchased an "aquatic fern" to find out just hours later it was not. Borneo fern is what it was called, a terrarium plant. I questioned the store clerk before the purchase. The plant was fully submerged and marked "aquatic".Clerk said;"This is a great plant for the aquarium and will do well". I went back to the store the next day, explained my findings, my aggravation about this miss marked plant. The best they would do was a 50% refund. The plant was $8, I purchased 3. It wasn't just about the $$$ for me. I got so frustrated I left the plants there and told them they lost a $100-200 a month customer. It didn't phase them.... What a way to treat a customer hu? Im done with Jones &co!

jeffmit

Variety of dry goods is good, prices on food was reasonable. Their customer service is sub-par, the aquariums were cloudy, could not sell some amazon sword plants that were not priced because the "fish manager" was not there...

I will not go back anytime soon, unless they are having a great sale!

Overall Experience: 2
Cost: 2.5
Quality of Fish: 2.5
Service: 2

A

Anonymous

Jones Pets

Overall Experience: 2.5
Cost: 3
Quality of Fish: 2.5-3
Variety: 3
Service: 1

I have been to this store a few times since it is fairly close to where I live (Lake Stevens) but it is not my go-to pet store when I need something. The last time I visited, I waited in the fish section for help and waited, and waited, and waited, and...I waited. Nobody helped. As I stood there, a customer asked one of the fish guys "Are these South American Cichlids?" and pointed to a tank of Mbunas. The man said "Yes, they are". I immediately pointed out that they were not SA Cichlids, they were Africans. They both just pretty much acted as if I said nothing and kept talking. I would expect an employee of the fish section to know the fish better than that. I call this store if I am looking for a product that other stores in my area do not carry or do not have in stock. That is about it.

dwarfpike

Overall Experience: 4
Cost: 2
Quality of Fish: 3
Service: 4

I like a store that has signs that say 'ask for help' instead of having every person in the store asking you if you need anything when all you want to do is browse. Guess I'm just a grump old man that way. When I did ask for a price on a fish, the girl was very prompt and not only got the price but made up a sign for the tank for them.

They had mostly the basic fare fish wise, though some gems stood out (7 different apistos, first time I've seen a Harlequin Bass in some time). Prices were mostly the same as other LFS in the area, but some things were usually high assuming the get them from the same wholesalers as the other LFS. I few cloudy tanks. Better than average dry goods (food and lighting and tanks) for the north as well.

(Note: I hadn't been here in years, I didn't even know they were still in business ... I used to live at their Lynnwood store back in the day)

Peylix

Overall Experience 3
Cost 3
Quality of Fish 2
Variety 4
Service 1

Wow has this place gone downhill. I remember going here many years ago and it was always a nice store. Now.... It's hardly mediocre at best. Just today I dropped by with the fiancee to see the aquatics. I was shocked and disgusted by what I saw.

Before I get into that I'll say a few positive things. The staff were nice and helpful. Not pushy or needy and answered a few questions quite well however they had a downfall I'll mention below. The selection was actually pretty good. More variety than I thought they would have to be honest.

Now for what really disgusted me. Lots and I mean LOTS of sick/dead fish. One of their neon tetra tanks had over 20. Yes 20 dead and rotten carcases stuck against the filter intake. Most of the bodies were long gone and it was obvious that they had been like that for a good day or two. I also counted 8 tanks with major Ich outbreaks. Not a single one of these Ich/dead tanks were marked NFS btw which brings me to my final gut wrenching negative.

2 of the staff sold fish from the Ich infected tanks to a few "new" customers to the hobby. I watched in shock as a few fish that were netted were caked in white spots and the staff KNEW IT. But sold them anyways to the poor customers who had no clue. I wanted to say something but I'm not one for confrontations. It made me sick to my stomach though. =[

I had actually just applied there for a part time job as well (but it was a walk in quick deal without looking at the store) I don't think after seeing what happened today could I ever work for this store.

A

Anonymous

Peylix said:
Now for what really disgusted me. Lots and I mean LOTS of sick/dead fish. One of their neon tetra tanks had over 20. Yes 20 dead and rotten carcases stuck against the filter intake. Most of the bodies were long gone and it was obvious that they had been like that for a good day or two. I also counted 8 tanks with major Ich outbreaks. Not a single one of these Ich/dead tanks were marked NFS btw which brings me to my final gut wrenching negative.

2 of the staff sold fish from the Ich infected tanks to a few "new" customers to the hobby. I watched in shock as a few fish that were netted were caked in white spots and the staff KNEW IT. But sold them anyways to the poor customers who had no clue. I wanted to say something but I'm not one for confrontations. It made me sick to my stomach though. =[
Sorry MOD's gotta do it.
I would have said something.... Actually I have @ Jones & Co, even at Bridges! There isn't anything wrong with going to a clerk and saying " hey, those fish are sick. What are you going to do?" I would have NO problem going up to the customer and pointing out the ick- educate them, perhaps shame the clerk, that's just wrong!

Livebearer

Cost 3.5
Service 3
Variety 3.5
Quality 3
cleanliness 4
Paid a visit last weekend, things look good and variety is way better, (fish orders are from the Cichlid exchange). Worth a visit if your in the area.
Picked up;
4 Cory pygmaeus cheap $1.99
1 black kuli loach (cool lookin' eel like fish!) cheap $2.39
Got shorted one cory though, i should have checked the bag before walking out...