It's finally happening again!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
After some troubles at my former residence I moved last October. In the time frame there I, unfortunately, lost the vast majority of my fish. All of my angels, breeding group of long fin bristlenose and all 5 of my electric blue jack dempsey.

The house I'm currently in, I had space enough to bring my mini musk turtles, a nano 6 gallon that is plants only, and had to downsize my 90 gallon to a 55. All my other tanks went into storage. I've been itching to get back into the long fin bristle nose again.

Well with the help of @Speedy327 we are setting up a 30 gallon planted tank to get the ball rolling again!

This is his first planted tank but was interested once he saw mine. So it's a fun tank for both of us. My long fin bn (when I can find them again) will be the bottom and he is finding something for the top he likes. The tank will be at his house but we will both be caring for it.

I've attached some pictures of the tank when we first got it set up. We plan on adding more plants in the future. Just some anubias, sword, grass, and 1 unknown for now. Tomorrow is my FIRST trip to Wet Spot. I am very excited! We may be adding to the tank tomorrow. If either of us find what we are looking for. Cross our fingers. :)

Enjoy. IMG_20170219_2129064.jpg IMG_20170219_2129191.jpg IMG_20170219_2159340.jpg IMG_20170219_2159391.jpg IMG_20170219_2159436.jpg IMG_20170219_2217511.jpg

L190

i like the driftwood. Also are the anubias rhizome above the gravel? if not, you might want to put it above the gravel otherwise it will rot. are you looking for more plants for this tank?

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
We managed to score a breeding pair of Apistogramma Cacatuoides "Orange Flash" from WetSpot. They were actively spawning in the tank. Here is a video I took tonight of the male.

Also, we got a pair of Electric Blue Rams and also got a video of the male too. No bristlenose yet though. And still adding to the plants. Enjoy! :) @Speedy327