Itch....... Help!

Nick_87

I just got home from a two week vacation and somehow my yellow mollies have white spots all over them. I did a 50% water change, added some more salt and turned up the heat but should i be worried about my other fish getting it too? Out of all my fish the 5 adult yellow ones are the only fish that got it. Is this normal? How does it spread? Is there anything else i can do. Help save my fish! Thanks!

Anthraxx

up the water changes. lots of folks say that ich can always exist in a tank and will only break out if water conditions fall below acceptable levels. what is your ph lvl? perhaps you had a ph crash from not being around and doing water changes (as waste builds up it can bring a ph lvl WAY down rather quickly) i only ask this as mollys in general seem to prefer a very high ph due to how many are bred and raised in concrete ponds. anyhoo GL to ya hope some of this helps

Gryphon

Turn the heater up to 83-84, add an airstone to keep the oxygen up in the water. Gravel vac and do 50% water changes daily, and keep the temp up for 10 days after the last sign of Ich is gone.

A

Anonymous

I have it now to but I just turn the temp up and do water changes!