Information on flounders needed

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Growing up I had a 40g community tank set up in my bedroom that had fresh water flounders in it. I have no idea what the scientific name was, except that they were given this nickname. I would like to locate them again and add them to my current planted tank. The last time I had them was about 20years ago. I saw something similar at a lfs store called hill stream loaches. However,they arent the same fish. For those of you from the puyallup area, I used to buy them at a pet shop called brigadune pets. Man I miss that store and now I'm missing the fresh water flounders. Any leads would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Lloyd

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
That's what they looked like, but I didn't have a brackish tank back then, and I had them for years..... I also didn't have to do anything special to feed them. But if All that I can get now are brackish species, maybe I'll get a hillstream loach (aka poor mans ray) thanks for the info

Nick_87

They are kind of like the silvertip catfish I have heard. They are fine in freshwater but as they grow older they need a little salt to survive. I saw them at midway pets a few months back and have always wanted to get some of those cool little guys.