I'm getting back in the tank

Stark

Hi, I'm returning to the hobby after 30 years away. I used to breed and sell/trade fish to my LFS in my teens and I want to get my sleeves we again. I plan on getting some 20gal longs, and having some fun. A lot appears to have changed over the years, apparently there is more than just the one pleco that you have to trade in at the local store every couple years as it's bigger than your cat... :)

If anyone has any threads they think would be useful that they want to point me to I would love the help. Also, I've been looking around trying to find plans to build some racks for multiple 20gal longs, but imgur and photobucket's new policies sadly seem to have broken the internet. Any ideas on where to find plans?

Cheers!

Loren

Hi Stark and welcome to WaFishBox. I too recently returned to this hobby after a similar time away.

If you google DIY 20 gallon long tank stands you will find a bunch of links and ideas from various fish forums and websites.

Stark

Thanks Loren, I'll give it another try. Mostly I've been finding posts with broken photos but no actual design plans. cheers

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Hi, I'm returning to the hobby after 30 years away. I used to breed and sell/trade fish to my LFS in my teens and I want to get my sleeves we again. I plan on getting some 20gal longs, and having some fun. A lot appears to have changed over the years, apparently there is more than just the one pleco that you have to trade in at the local store every couple years as it's bigger than your cat... :)

If anyone has any threads they think would be useful that they want to point me to I would love the help. Also, I've been looking around trying to find plans to build some racks for multiple 20gal longs, but imgur and photobucket's new policies sadly seem to have broken the internet. Any ideas on where to find plans?

Cheers!

30 YEARS? How did you do it? Did you wean yourself off or ? Kicking the habit ain't easy! LOL

Congrats and welcome back to the hobby and to WAFishBox. There are some awesome people here.

AND --- We support MTS here (Multiple Tank Syndrome). :)

Betty

Staff member
Welcome to the forum and back into the hobby.

What are you planning to stock in those 20s?