I now have tetras

CrashSmAshley

I'm no longer the crazy betta lady...Okay, I still am, but I now have other fish too! Talon (Gosu) will be taking home my crowntail male betta tomorrow, so I decided to work on the tank today. Speedracer (super delta dragon betta) is now housed with 5 neon tetras. I bought 6, but one is acting kind of weird and spazzy so he's quarantined for now.

lars on

NEONSS!!!! They are really fragile,your one guy probably has neon tetra disease. But the tank looks beautiful! Love the new rock!

sandnuka

Ashley, that tank looks much better.... I hated to say splitting a 10gal looked ridiculous.... but it kinda did.... lol.... Now, we are talking! very nice set, love the plants, and the tetra's give it that much more bling... I like it allot! Now we need to get you a cichlid tank!

CrashSmAshley

Exchanged the sickly neon for 2 black neons...and got them for free since I had a coupon too :p

So here's pics of everyone (sorry...taken with phone)

2 Black neon tetras
3a8200a0.jpg

The 2 blacks with my neons (I have 3 neons left...poor sick Petco fish!)
8106cb88.jpg

Speedracer
8af05624.jpg

The apple snails playing together
e8d52d21.jpg

The nerite snails
2277727c.jpg

The tank
b4444d9d.jpg

CrashSmAshley

Alright, no more fish from Petco. Gosu and I met up today and went to PetSmart. They were out of neon tetras...so I got 3 glofish instead :p Also bought a new filter since I was tired of having an in-tank filter (Tetra Whisper 10i) so I got an AquaClear! I've had one before and loved it.

The glofish (got an orange one, a pink one and a lime green one)
e5809f5f.jpg

The 2 black neons with my 3 neon tetras
efad93a8.jpg

Not the best pic, but the new filter
ea933473.jpg

And of course, the tank (again). Looks empty without the in-tank filter lol
9a92446f.jpg

sandnuka

and the addiction has set in! Adding things twice a week now ash... lol.... next thing you know, your gonna have a 145gal breeding everykind of fish..... I do have to say, Im dissapointed in your hybrid selection. :(

protocl

The tank looks less crowded due to the intake filter.

BTW: I got a crowntail betta; he is housed with my 10G comm. Tank doing fine.

Kingstature

Ashley its about time you get away from those Betta's your steppin it up now, I got a blue gourami and long skirt tetra you can have if you want them? :king:

CrashSmAshley

It's okay, but thanks everyone! The glofish started picking on Speedracer, So I returned them and got 2 more black neons and 3 more neon tetras. Everyone is happier! So that makes my tank full with 1 betta, 4 black neons, 6 neon tetras, 2 apple snails and 2 nerite snails.

And you're right, with my new filter it is less crowded! Everyone wins :p