I NEED HELP... now!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Punky_Paige

Ok in my 100 gallon I have 7 azureus, sunburst peacock, johanni, flowerhorn,2 electric yellows, jewel, kenyi and 2 dayglows...
(the biggest (3) is about 4"... The rest 3 and under.... (6) are 1.5"-2"
ANYWAYS.... one of my female azureus's was about to lay eggs.... The male was chasing everyone to one side and making a nest.... I think she did lay eggs but never picked them up...
Right then I noticed her eye... CLOUD EYE!
immediately I put her in a 30gl and dosed her with all natural meds.... That was 2 days ago... And just now her eye POPPED OPEN!!!!!!!!!
it's not out of her eye socket.... The front clear Part of her eye totally popped off! The black pupil is completely ... Just there!
And she's upside down trying her hardest to swim....
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!! PLEASE HELP!
it's so sad!
B.T.W NONE of the other fishys are sick at all.... Everyone is high and dandy

Sorry if there's misspelled words... I'm typing as fast as I can

anthony

check your ph in the big tank . cloud eye is usually from ph drop. if you fish is swimming upside down with 1/2 an eye it might be to late. If you want to spend money you could try antibiotics . I have seen lots of fish that have lived with one eye. Swimming upside down is another story. I would add salt hope for the best but expect the worst and save your money and put it towards a new fish.

Madness

Staff member
It sounds like some type of parasite. Cloudy eyes can be from several things, stress, water conditions, illness. As for the eye popping out, there are several things that can cause pop eye also.

I would just keep the water clean, daily water changes, add some salt, and a good prod spectrum parasite med. I love the Tetra Parasite guard.

Good luck. Maybe a couple of pics of her will help with a diagnosis.

Punky_Paige

Thanks to both of you for your responses

Sad to day she just passed =-(

It's crazy that she died within 2 days of when I put her in the 30gl.
I have (had) 4 female Azureus and 3 males... 2 of the females had fry 2 weeks ago.... I didn't know that I was suppose to leave the mothers in the tank with the fry (I'm an idiot)
They say that if you don't and put them back in the tabk they were originally in (with the males) that the males will assume they are ready to spawn again and that female will do so and become very weak, get sick possibly and die.
So I'm pissed at myself for not leaving her with the fry.
I JUST came to realization of that more than likely being the issue.

But also last weekend I switched from gravel to sand and bought new crushed coral and switched out the old and that SPIKED the Ph from 8.2 to 8.4-8.6!!!
It was only like that for a couple days.
I let it all marinate and then checked the ph 1.5 days later

Again thank you to both of you!

All my fishys in the 100 and the other tanks are happy as can be! =)

R.I.P Fishy