I hope you guys enjoy this.

me

This tank is lit by a single 4ft daylight tube, if I fully lit this tank it would be crazy blue everywhere, but these fish come from deep in Tangyanika so I like to respect their eyes.

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/d350WisDD10" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

sandnuka

ME! Always amazing! keep up the good work gettin thoughs non-hybrid, beautiful F1 fronts out to the public!

me

Thanks everyone. I love this colony. I can sit in front of this tank and watch forever. I had wanted a frontosa for a long time, and last year I finally realized it was possible. Little did I know they need to be kept in colony's;) But knowing that now, and seeing their social dynamics I would never want to keep a front all alone.

Anyways, glad the video was enjoyed ;)

Clogstonian

very nice, how many fish and how many gallons? I like how you end with the old man of tanks . . . my guess anyway given the frontal lobe.

clog

me

Clogstonian said:
very nice, how many fish and how many gallons? I like how you end with the old man of tanks . . . my guess anyway given the frontal lobe.

clog

In the video there are 12 fish, but I had a female holding in another tank at the time (actually the most blue female). The tank is 150 gallons. That is the alpha male you see ;) Though he used to be the Beta as I had an even bigger more beautiful male believe it or not, but unfortunately after moving I had a spike that killed most my original colony :( The male in the video a smaller male and a female survived. They are the three biggest fish in the tank, though some of the others are catching up fast ! Mpimbwe never get as large of a lobe as the Burundi types. Some prefer the large hump on Burundi, I think Mpimbwe's is nicer since It doesn't get so big that it hanges over their eyes. Though it can get bigger than what my male has.

me

CrashSmAshley said:
What beautiful fronts! They look very healthy :D
Yes, they are well fed. However when a female is holding I sometimes fast the colony for 10 days, or even more, so they are not constant fatties ;) I guess it mimics the wild better, because a frontosa in the wild likely can go days without a substantial meal, but then when they do feed it can be a fairly large meal. Kinda like Lions.