I got to visit porkchop and her friends and she's massive!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
i had the special opportunity to visit dmd today to pick up my teug and got to see an update on their sizes first hand. Pics don't do her justice..... she is probably 16"+ long, 4-5" wide, and 12" tall! It's no wonder she's in a 300 g. I'll upload some pics from my phone here and place the YouTube link in the comments section. Enjoy this amazing collection in immaculate conditions.IMG_0871.JPGIMG_0868.JPGIMG_0869.JPGIMG_0870.JPGIMG_0861.JPGIMG_0866.JPGIMG_0864.JPG
In the last pic the tank looks narrow like an 18" tank, but this is at least 24" wide, if not 30"

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't realize you got so many shots of her. I have had her a while and I see her every day so I dont really think she is very big, lol. The tank is 96" long x 24" wide x 30" tall and even with the space she has a big presence.

Was good to see you, been a long time. Was sorry to hear about the dogs. QQ But the new pup will help.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Porkchop is AMAZING!
My pics don't do her justice...... i can pretty confidently say she is one of the biggest if not the biggest female pearsi in the U.S.

For example his bichirs looked small compared to her ( and the teug was arguably the smallest of his collection) and when I got the teug home, he dwarfed my largest bichir , which is s respectable 12" long

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
She is a big girl, but this would be my ultimate dream size for my pearsei. Said to be 18"! This is the largest one Ive ever seen a picture of.

2ldaqn6.jpg

Not my pic, taken from here: http://www.arowanafishtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?39710-Vieja-pearsei

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
And if you ever spot a "Rio Lacanjah" Pearsei for sale PM me right away, lol

I have never seen one for sale yet. This catch location has a much different look to it. I really would like one..

dwarfpike

I'm not quite sure Porkchop is an appropriate name for her, given how impressively beefy she is ...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not quite sure Porkchop is an appropriate name for her, given how impressively beefy she is ...
LOL! But Porkchop sounds more feminine which fits since she is a girl. Any beef related names would be too masculine. :lol

She is such a piggy I just had to go in a pork related way for her name. :p

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
How's our little Chubby Chub Porky Pants doing today? LOL

Edited to add: I am so in love with Porkchop and her wonderful muffin top

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
How's our little Chubby Chub Porky Pants doing today? LOL

Edited to add: I am so in love with Porkchop and her wonderful muffin top

She is such a fun fish. Like owning an Oscar but more on the friendly side. The big tank was pretty much just for her.