I finally did it !!! Bred Synodontis multipunctatus

hbluehunter

Well i've been trying to breed my Synodontis multipunctatus for awhile now, and finally have.. I bought a pair of Red Empress from Jesse at Pet Pouri awhile back to use as "Host Cichclids" and they've spawned a couple times but no catfish fry.. I just stripped my female an hour or so ago and sure enough there was "1" baby catfish !! WooHoo !! I have one other female holding right now and hopefully she'll have some too.. I'll try and post up some pics once i can get a good shot of it.

Addictedtofish

Thats awesome dude!! The synodontis catfish are my favorite. So far I have 8 multi's, 3 synodontis Eupterus, 2 Synodontis Nigriventris, 2 Synodontis njassae, and today picked up 2 Synodontis "Jaguar" (Hybrid).

Synodontis "Jaguar"(Hybrid).

Im hopefully in 2 weeks going to get 2 of these rare Synodontis flaevataeniatus.

hbluehunter

Thanks.. I was pretty excited to see a different looking fish swimming with the fry when i stripped her.. The whole reason i bought the red empress was to try and use them for a host for the cats.. :)

Where are you getting those hybrids ?? Those are sweet, especially like that 2nd one..

Addictedtofish

The 2nd one isnt a hybrid, there just rare and the only breeder out there it took him 5 yrs. to finally get them to breed in captivity.

Bobby's Water Wolrd. He will be getting some more in, in 2 weeks.

hbluehunter

Oh cool.. I'll have to check him out after he get's them.. Being they're rare, how much do they usually go for ?? Also what's their name ??

wow ,ive been selling the jag cats for 12.50,

i found those other guys,,CATFISH SYN FLAVITAENIATUS FL BRED,,,25 is pretty good,

ive stashed a few of the jags myself ,ive got my regular employees in the tanks,