Huge shoutout to Cory!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
That’s right everyone, Corey is to be thanked for getting our forum back online tonight!
Please feel free to show some love to him.

for those of you newer members who don’t know, Corey ( owner of aquarium co-op ) is responsible for taking over this site about 4 -5 years ago and transferring it to our current location and we services.

let me be the first one to say, “thanks Corey”. We appreciate all you do for us here behind the scenes!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I am happy the forum is back.

Big thanks to Cory for getting it up and running!

Betty

Staff member
I was a little worried about the forum -- glad to see it back up. Thank you, Cory. :thumbsup

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
It will only be up a bit longer ... Corey said he was willing to pay the fee to keep it going but we will need to update a few things, which hopefully I can take care of through the assistance of some of our tech savvy members.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
It will only be up a bit longer ... Corey said he was willing to pay the fee to keep it going but we will need to update a few things, which hopefully I can take care of through the assistance of some of our tech savvy members.
I also volunteered to contribute to whatever the cost was to keep this going.... just waiting to see / hear back from him

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I am currently in talks with the creator of the page to figure out upgrade costs and specifics to keep the page running smooth. We may have some disruptions for the week of March 9th.... I will do my best to keep everything flowing the way it currently is.

I will also be taking over the running of the page ( owner if you will) as Cory has shared how busy he has become and he doesn’t want our community to be lost either.

updates coming when I know more. ( I am also going to discuss what types of upgrades/ apps we may be able to add to make this page even better .

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I have currently paid for the new software. I am attempting to have them install it as well. There will be changes as this is a huge update. Basically there have been 6 years worth of updates. This went form a 1.5 version to a 2.2 version. Many things may not work post upgrade, things like the chat and more. My current goal is to make it so we upgrade the forum and don't lose functionality by the cutoff when our host is forcing an upgrade on the back end.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I have currently paid for the new software. I am attempting to have them install it as well. There will be changes as this is a huge update. Basically there have been 6 years worth of updates. This went form a 1.5 version to a 2.2 version. Many things may not work post upgrade, things like the chat and more. My current goal is to make it so we upgrade the forum and don't lose functionality by the cutoff when our host is forcing an upgrade on the back end.
The man, the myth, the legend is real :cool:

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Corey, just let me know how I can help. Either behind the scenes with the update pieces and or financially.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Thank you, Cory; the 'new' site looks great. When I first checked it out this morning I wasn't so happy to see that images in individual posts appeared only as thumbnails- you had to click on them to see the full-sized image- but now I see that that issue is fixed Yay! :thumbsup