How Do You All Do It?

Wolf-Keeper1

I am so torn. So I get another tank which will make two, and I want a savage predator in there, but then I'm like well I have a tank with a dovii which one day will most likely need to be alone not sure if I want two big tanks with one fish in them lol. Then I, see a bunch of you guys that have dope community tanks with crazy color all around.

I mean seriously to have everything I want I am going to need more tanks. Plus while at the fish store my gf says I always liked angel fish they look cool so I want her to have a nice tank. I mean this is very addicting, almost forced to keep buying fish and tanks lol.

Ashley

Okay here is what I think you should do. Have your dovi in his own tank. Get another tank for the gf with some angels and then get another huge tank. You can have predators in a community tank you just have to be picky about which ones. Who said you could only have 2 tanks? More is always better. And always remember...there is ALWAYS more room :)

Wolf-Keeper1

Ashley said:
Okay here is what I think you should do. Have your dovi in his own tank. Get another tank for the gf with some angels and then get another huge tank. You can have predators in a community tank you just have to be picky about which ones. Who said you could only have 2 tanks? More is always better. And always remember...there is ALWAYS more room :)

lol I like the way you think! In the end i will probably have a few tanks lol. I do have a little ten gallon but that doesnt count that is just for my flowerhorn right now.

sandnuka

Well your gonna need a bigger tank for the flowerhorn.... Or is he gonna share your big dovii tank??

What I would do if I was you.... I know you like big predators, and you only want two tanks is, get one massive tank for your dovii and flowerhorn.... Then get a 30gal or 40gal for a nice community of african cichlids... then you get that aggressive behavior and really bright colorful community fish tank :).... I would never get just tropical fish, there so boring, have no personality.

I personally have 5 tanks in my home.... So i Know exactly how you feel... its a expensive, and very addictive hobby. always want more!

Paintguy

A community tank is typically pretty & booring in my view, but some clown loaches provide entertainment. I have had some convicts and silver dollars compatible with little tetras also. That said my 3rd tank is coming soon.

Betty

Staff member
It's often called MTS -- Multiple Tank Syndrome. I think most of us have it!

icer711

MTS though those were the PIA Snails lol.... :shock: i have been lied to this whole time :suspect: just be careful before you know it you will lose count on how many you have ;) but worth it

Betty

Staff member
icer711 said:
MTS though those were the PIA Snails lol.... :shock: i have been lied to this whole time :suspect:
Well, it's that too. :lol:

icer711 said:
just be careful before you know it you will lose count on how many you have ;) but worth it
And that's true of both cases of MTS.