Hi new to fishes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidekicking

Hey gosu
I'm fairly new to aquarium keeping too, but the guys here give out really good advice
they been super helpful

So if you have any questions just ask them

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the site. So how new to fish are you? What do you currently keep? What do you plan on keeping?

Gosu

my tank has only been up since the first but ive had big tiger oscars(10-11") in the past when i was about 11 they lived for years about 6 maybe 7 before they hadta move to a friends, ive currently got a 55gal (3ft long 2ft tall 1ft wide) with a 3" tiger oscar, a 2" jack, a red eared slider turtle, ghost shrimp, 5 black spotted silver catfish not sure what they are pictus maybe? and today i bought a 4-5" Jewel cichlid for 5$! very good lookin fish, im planning on getting a 100-200gal once my guys are big enough and using the 55 to breed (someday - not quite ready) dont know much about these fish but im working on it - if im mixing critters poorly please let me know! want my little guys to be happy!

tank has gravel bottom now, with lots of big river rocks for caverns going to switch to sand soon thanks to the info ive found, also has a flat 1' square of slate i snatched from an old fountain.. got a canister filter i made that is cleaning up the white cloud problem i had - could really use a second heater though im using one designed for my turtle(same temp as the cichlids) but its not made to heat such a large tank and its only maintaining about 72-74 theyre all doing great but the heater i imagine is under alot of stress since it wants to be at 78 think ill pick one up once i have the $

sandnuka

Well mixing some fish from wrong places happens.... and most of the time its ok.... The only thing I see out of place is your jewels.... but, on the positive side they are from rivers in africa with a lower ph... so they should be just fine in your new world tank. Enjoy them, let us know if you have any questions!

Oh, and the turtle... havent heard too many people keeping a turtle with there fish... lol since turtles kinda stress out fish, and eat them. lol

Gosu

turtle is staying in the 55gal with the oscar dempsey catfish and pleco and all my africans are going to the new 80gal

Status
Not open for further replies.