Hi, I'm new, in Everett

Simone.Augie

I am 2.5 years into fish keeping and there is still so much to learn!

I have 20 tanks 9 of which are 20 gallon. These are too small for most of my African Cichlids. :( There are 2 55 gallons with SA fish, the rest are African.

Colors are nice, but my favorite thing to look at are the fish shapes. Dimidiochromis Compressiseps and Jurupari Satanoperca are mesmerizing. I am fascinated by aquatic plants and am currently changing gravel to Eco Complete in one tank. We'll see how that goes.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
:welcome!:  glad to have you!

MTS is common here.... Multiple Tank Syndrome  :D

Welcome to the fishbox! How did you hear about us? We always enjoy having more members on our forum :)

Share some pics of your tanks! We'd love to see em!

GinnyFinny

In 2 weeks I'm moving to Everett - waaaa! Now I'll have to fight the current to get to Aquarium Co-Op.
On the up-side, I will have a back yard and am dying to build a pond - hopefully before summer's gone. I will really miss Edmonds. :cry:

GinnyFinny

Thanks Vicmacki and Grimblegrumble....I guess I would consider myself South Everett. However, commuting between noon and 7pm is a nightmare no matter what streets you take. I-5 is a breeze if you can get on to it.

Aquarium Co-Op's hours are now 11:30 to 6 pm, I think. Cory and the gang need a life, too. When we get a new place, we're so excited to imagine new places for aquariums. I'm sure Cory would agree that it's a thrill to have more room for fun fish stuff!

Appreciating wafishbox.com more than ever. :p

Ginny Williams

GinnyFinny

Forgot to mention Aquarium Co-Op...thanks to intelligent fishianados and taking the time to answer questions and give smart advice when asked.

BTW, I am not a newbie to FW planted aquariums. Starting early 1998, I had a dozen FW tanks ranging from 10g to 55g in my sitting room in Edmonds. Bought everything I that thought was cool at the Fish Store on Roosevelt in the Ravenna area of Seattle when they were just a lumpy little hole-in-the-wall; scoured Craigslist when it was still young and a little more exciting than today. Internet dial-up...no problem! Woops - giving away my age.

Suddenly had to give everything up due to major health issues - when I really needed the serenity of gazing into my aquariums late at night.

Still alive and starting my addiction to fishies again....

flamechica

GinnyFinny said:
Thanks Vicmacki and Grimblegrumble....I guess I would consider myself South Everett. However, commuting between noon and 7pm is a nightmare no matter what streets you take. I-5 is a breeze if you can get on to it.

Aquarium Co-Op's hours are now 11:30 to 6 pm, I think. Cory and the gang need a life, too. When we get a new place, we're so excited to imagine new places for aquariums. I'm sure Cory would agree that it's a thrill to have more room for fun fish stuff!

Appreciating wafishbox.com more than ever. [emoji14]

Ginny Williams
Closer to noon isn't so bad. When I wasn't working, I used to head down to the Co Op when they were opening at 12 quite often. IMO Everett traffic starts getting crappy around 2pm-ish when 1st shift at Boeing starts getting off. I always tried to get all my errands done before then or as close to before then as possible.

However, now that I work in Kirkland, my views on "bad traffic" have changed considerably. What I once considered bad, is now quite minor compared to what I deal with now. Lol