Hi from Gig Harbor!

Joel

Administrator
Staff member
I put comments on youtube but i'll repost them here:

Fishbeast I love the video!! Im so jealous you can have Shrimp. That would be a whole new world of expensive to me, especially because I'm friends with Lucas Bretz (do you ever check out his channel?) I like that you have thermometers featuring my other good friend, celcius! Aaaah so your garage is INSIDE your house. That's rare in NZ for some reason. I wondered how you kept it warm. I'm gonna need a snail farm too I think! Though I kind of do collectively amongst my other tanks. Costco sounds like a great place. The bichir are cool! They seem like they're from another time to the fish-collecting-man's time, got a prehistoric "Its time for life to take to land" look. LOL! you've made the Red Belly Pacu mistake... though I think probably you can thank your son Shane for that because I'm sure that's a perfect in-road (&legal by marriage rules) to expanding to a full fish room, as you mention :) I said "wooooah!" when we went outside, I totally was expecting a city scene but you have SO MUCH potential out the back there ;) Winter in Washington doesnt look as cold as I were expecting. Cory is your Local Fish Nerd and Aquarium Co op is your Local Fish Store, correct? LUCKY!

FishBeast

I put comments on youtube but i'll repost them here:

Fishbeast I love the video!! Im so jealous you can have Shrimp. That would be a whole new world of expensive to me, especially because I'm friends with Lucas Bretz (do you ever check out his channel?) I like that you have thermometers featuring my other good friend, celcius! Aaaah so your garage is INSIDE your house. That's rare in NZ for some reason. I wondered how you kept it warm. I'm gonna need a snail farm too I think! Though I kind of do collectively amongst my other tanks. Costco sounds like a great place. The bichir are cool! They seem like they're from another time to the fish-collecting-man's time, got a prehistoric "Its time for life to take to land" look. LOL! you've made the Red Belly Pacu mistake... though I think probably you can thank your son Shane for that because I'm sure that's a perfect in-road (&legal by marriage rules) to expanding to a full fish room, as you mention :) I said "wooooah!" when we went outside, I totally was expecting a city scene but you have SO MUCH potential out the back there ;) Winter in Washington doesnt look as cold as I were expecting. Cory is your Local Fish Nerd and Aquarium Co op is your Local Fish Store, correct? LUCKY!
Thanks, mate!! :) Oh no! That's too bad about the shrimp ban! I'm sure there are fish you can keep there that we can't over here though... Just grab snails from your tanks and put them together in a small container and they'll propagate in no time!! :) Hahaha as for the pacu, I don't know if I'll have the funds for the fish room in time to house him. He is growing very fast. Shane may just have to deal with giving him away to a fish store that has a large enough tank. Winters here are pretty mild, although this one was colder than usual! I wish the Co-Op was closer though! I need to plan a trip out there, maybe car pool with some "Southerners" here. Cheers!