Hey from Seattle-Burien

finray56

I've been check'n out this forum for a bit and I joined up today ! I have been into keeping fish since I was young and no signs of letting up so far. For the past 10 years or so I have kept Malawi's and Tang's, I like that they are pretty tuff and beautiful to boot. Anyway for the past few years I have had the Tropheus addiction bad and I luv it, sold my first colony a few months ago of Lufubu. They were super nice but I decided I wanted to try my skills with another colony. I am now growing out a colony of Ilangi Yellow Nkamba Bay. At first I kind of thought I made a mistake as my Lufubu were so colorful and I missed them a lot, but now my Ilangi are really starting to color up real nice :)
I can't wait for this new colony to become fully mature. If you are into Tropheus then you know what I mean. Just watching the colony take form with the dominant males choosing their place in the hierarchy is so gratifying . They become so colorful when fighting and mating it blows my mind - hee hee. Then when they start spawning and caring for their fry that puts it all into perspective for me and it's an awesome sight to behold . I will post some pictures and links to video on the YT soon. I do know a couple of people here and I will be looking forward to meeting more of you as time goes by. [flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/xWwBpjGMp2s" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

Mikey

Welcome to our online community. I've had the chance to meet some of the people on the site as well, and everyone was so cool.

Anyways, congrats on the new colony. 8)

sandnuka

Hey fellow tropheus fan.... I believe I know you :) .... I had some of your tropheus lufubu, so does my buddy vince.... anyway, glad you finally made it on here! I too have been gettin some more rare tropheus variants, currently got going some Ikola, wich will be gone soon.... Moliro..... kasanga..... Mplungu..... and Cherry rainbow Muzi! there all juvies, I did have my first spawning action last week.

Anyway, great to have you on board, you will love all the information, and we are very glad to have some of your experience!

finray56

Thank you for the greetings ! I just added a YT video, I hope it works and I look forward to sharing info to and fro :)

finray56

I have 34 Ilangi around 2 1/2" plus - 6 eretmodus cyanostictus Kigoma Orange - 3 Striata loaches and 1 blue eyed gold pleco . I have these in a 110 gal. tall for now, I'm hoping to switch them over to a 210 soonish .

sandnuka

Ok, I do know you! its been confirmed.... I have personally seen some of his fish people! and they are AWESOME! and thoughs illangi look fantastic!!! thanks for uploadin the vid!

sandnuka

Spyral said:
You saw his fish people? What kind of breeder is he?
LMAO! I meant..... "People, Ive seen his fish!"..... or ..... "Ive seen his fish and there gorgeous,.... PEOPLE!" :) See, just a missed comma, and a sentance can be misunderstood so much! lol

A

Anonymous

sandnuka said:
Spyral said:
You saw his fish people? What kind of breeder is he?
LMAO! I meant..... "People, Ive seen his fish!"..... or ..... "Ive seen his fish and there gorgeous,.... PEOPLE!" :) See, just a missed comma, and a sentance can be misunderstood so much! lol
naw, that never happens..misunderstandings, that is