Hey everyone

dwarfpike

I remember when I first moved up here from So Cal, had to have someone explain this new color to me that we only had on the tops of the palm trees down there. And the big, white puffy things in the sky.

Welcome to the forum.

Lora

I used to actually go out of my way to go walking in the rain when I lived in SoCal .... what the heck; I despise feeling rain drops on my skin now. I think one day I will move away and enjoy walks in the rain again :lol and thanks for the welcome!

dwarfpike

I can see that, walking in the rain is much nicer when it's actually warm out. Luckily I haven't lost my enjoyment of the rain yet.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I can see that, walking in the rain is much nicer when it's actually warm out. Luckily I haven't lost my enjoyment of the rain yet.
@Lora

I'm a sun worshiper. Bar none. If there's sun, I am IN IT - screw skin cancer warnings - I love sun. HOWEVER, this year has been so hot and dry, our earth up here needs moisture in measured amounts. Therefore, I am celebrating the rain for = probably = the first time ever!

Maybe this wisdom comes with age....?

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
Oh trust me, I enjoyed the rain lately too. It also helped with that awful smoke :eek: But I stayed inside and enjoyed it that way.

Ditto on the smoke; reminded me of when I lived in Santa Monica and the surrounding hills would catch on fire. Ash everywhere. And I am SO happy to see the rain again; it seems like I've spent the entire summer watering my gardens. Even so, lots of trees are hurting, even native ones... :(

Lora

We lost a native tree, and so did both of our neighbors. It has been an ULTRA dry summer. In other news I just scored a new to me used 200 gallon tank.. cleaning it out now. Can't wait to move the babies inside AWWWWW YEAH

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
We lost a native tree, and so did both of our neighbors. It has been an ULTRA dry summer. In other news I just scored a new to me used 200 gallon tank.. cleaning it out now. Can't wait to move the babies inside AWWWWW YEAH

JEALOUS!!!