Help with diatom bloom/missing 3 SAE in a 125gal tank.

B

big01612

I put 3 SAE in a 125gal tank due to diatom bloom. Tank parameters are good and did my 40% weekly to biweekly water change. Tank has 4 rainbows, 3 clown loaches, 2 cory cats, 4 red manor tetras, 2 rainbow cichlids, 2 geo. brasiliensis, 2 bichirs, 1 spotted Raphael cat, and 1 white cloud. I recently move things around, still no where to be found. Now where in the world is carmen, I mean the 3 SAE? Or who would be the killer, remember I have 4 red manor tetras and 1 white cloud.

MorganEA

Re: missing 3 SAE in a 125gal tank.

Does the tank have a lid? they are great at finding a tiny opening and going carpet surfing.

B

big01612

MorganEA said:
Does the tank have a lid? they are great at finding a tiny opening and going carpet surfing.

Glass cover and duck taped the glass openings.

discus_2013 said:

You think the bichir? The 4 red manor tetras and 1 white cloud are smaller. But forgot to mention bichirs is only 13 inches and 5 inches.

B

big01612

Now how to combat diatom bloom. Its covering all driftwoods and plants. My bristlenose is taking care of one side of the tank but my rainbow cichlids are in breeding colors and pushing anything big as them away from their nest. Lets just say if the rainbow cichlids did kill all 3 SAE. Bichir would have eaten the carcasses?

B

big01612

Back to "help with diatom algae bloom". How do I clear it besides turning off lights and removing excess nutrients by doing more water changes. What else can I do? Thanks for your help, fellow fishboxers.