Help! Siphon-to-faucet adapter problem

Steelpony

Hi all,
I've searched the Internet high and low, and DH and I have been to several plumbing/hardware stores. Here's the problem:
Due to a recent renovation, our house has all-new faucets. I thought surely we could find any kind of adapters we might need to make the Python siphon work.
Turns out the bathrooms have metric faucets...out of luck there.

The kitchen has a Moen Noelle pull-down faucet. The spray head attaches via a 3/8" male, apparently with "flare" threads, which are larger than fine. They are also not compatible with pipe threads. We cobbled together a series of brass fittings that take care of the Python end, being 3/4" garden hose type. At the other end of that is a 3/8" pipe thread male, and here we are stuck.

Does anyone know of a way to adapt this mess to a Moen faucet???

It would be super cool if someone else had conquered the same problem, and could share how!

Thanks so much!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Hi all,
I've searched the Internet high and low, and DH and I have been to several plumbing/hardware stores. Here's the problem:
Due to a recent renovation, our house has all-new faucets. I thought surely we could find any kind of adapters we might need to make the Python siphon work.
Turns out the bathrooms have metric faucets...out of luck there.

The kitchen has a Moen Noelle pull-down faucet. The spray head attaches via a 3/8" male, apparently with "flare" threads, which are larger than fine. They are also not compatible with pipe threads. We cobbled together a series of brass fittings that take care of the Python end, being 3/4" garden hose type. At the other end of that is a 3/8" pipe thread male, and here we are stuck.

Does anyone know of a way to adapt this mess to a Moen faucet???

It would be super cool if someone else had conquered the same problem, and could share how!

Thanks so much!

I also bought a python once and then returned it because my fancy new kitchen faucet didn't accommodate. Now it's buckets for me! Lots of buckets.....

Mike16T

I also bought a python once and then returned it because my fancy new kitchen faucet didn't accommodate. Now it's buckets for me! Lots of buckets.....

Didn't even tried to make it work? o_O.... tsk tsk... There are always ways this days, you just need to look... ;);)

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Didn't even tried to make it work? o_O.... tsk tsk... There are always ways this days, you just need to look... ;);)

Nope. I took the easy road. Now my flower gardens get to enjoy drinks from the fish tanks - so it's not all bad. Plus, let me tell you, I'm sporting some GUNS on these arms too.....