Hello to my fellow aquarium enthusiasts! from Edmonds

Cassy Oakes

Hello my name is Cassy, I am 25 and have been keeping fish for about 8 years! I have been progressing slowly over this time and upgrading as I go :)

I am very interested in making some connections and expanding on this hobby we all know and love. I
would like to make some new friends and share information about our experiences. Right now i have a 40, 35 bow, and a 95 gal! my favorites atm are black phantoms (looking to breed eventually) Celestial pearls and filter feeding shrimp (blue wood, bamboo)

Thank you so much and I hope to be chatting with you all soon :Dshrimp.PNG bamboo shrimp.PNG black phantoms.PNG

lymitliss

Welcome to the site! Good looking fish!

You picked a good site. There are plenty of local members with plenty to teach, and there is almost always something interesting happening on here.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Welcome!

Your fish look great!

The more I see cool shrimp on here -- and in Cory's and Bob's videos - the more I think I need a nano tank just for a few shrimpies..... I'm a total newbie with shrimp. Are those bamboo shrimp in the pic? They look like an armored truck!

Cassy Oakes

Welcome!

Your fish look great!

The more I see cool shrimp on here -- and in Cory's and Bob's videos - the more I think I need a nano tank just for a few shrimpies..... I'm a total newbie with shrimp. Are those bamboo shrimp in the pic? They look like an armored truck!
Thank you so much, my phantoms are quite happy in the 95 gal, plenty of space to roam and the females are all fat,vibrant and nippy at the males wanting to breed im sure ;) the males are still figuring out whos bossamongst themselves! @VickiK ahh yes my shrimp are my pride and joy i just love them and there awesome filtering evolved appendages!! X3 the lighter colored smaller guys are bamboo shrimp also known as Singapore, they are great fun to watch them flutter around the tank and crawl fighting the current looking for the best spot to feed. the big blue/gun-metal grey TANKS are My blue wood shrimp! they are my absolute favorite shrimp! they are a little more shy at first but once they are accustomed to there surroundings and comfortable i notice they become quite courageous! crawling more than fluttering like the bamboo shrimp. They are like little thick blue lobsters! just BEAUTIFUL and mine are HUGE pushing almost 4 inches. they have all lived happily in there for years now. dont miss out add these to your community aquarium! just make sure they have a good current to feed off of. im not sure if i can upload videos or not yet? but i keep a current pump which suction cups to the side just below my 100 gal fluval water filter so lots of O2 little bubbles and food making there way into every nook and cranny, they absolutley love it. plus since imy tank is large enough there is plenty of room for my phantoms and other fish to be lazy haha. of course i turn it off at night so everyone can relax :)

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Thank you so much, my phantoms are quite happy in the 95 gal, plenty of space to roam and the females are all fat,vibrant and nippy at the males wanting to breed im sure ;) the males are still figuring out whos bossamongst themselves! @VickiK ahh yes my shrimp are my pride and joy i just love them and there awesome filtering evolved appendages!! X3 the lighter colored smaller guys are bamboo shrimp also known as Singapore, they are great fun to watch them flutter around the tank and crawl fighting the current looking for the best spot to feed. the big blue/gun-metal grey TANKS are My blue wood shrimp! they are my absolute favorite shrimp! they are a little more shy at first but once they are accustomed to there surroundings and comfortable i notice they become quite courageous! crawling more than fluttering like the bamboo shrimp. They are like little thick blue lobsters! just BEAUTIFUL and mine are HUGE pushing almost 4 inches. they have all lived happily in there for years now. dont miss out add these to your community aquarium! just make sure they have a good current to feed off of. im not sure if i can upload videos or not yet? but i keep a current pump which suction cups to the side just below my 100 gal fluval water filter so lots of O2 little bubbles and food making there way into every nook and cranny, they absolutley love it. plus since imy tank is large enough there is plenty of room for my phantoms and other fish to be lazy haha. of course i turn it off at night so everyone can relax :)

I think I'll look into a few of these once my newer 50 tank is more filled out with plants. I love the color red so it would have to be some Cherry Shrimp for me....

How big is a 95 gallon, Cassy? And where am I going to put one? LOL!

Cassy Oakes

I think I'll look into a few of these once my newer 50 tank is more filled out with plants. I love the color red so it would have to be some Cherry Shrimp for me....

How big is a 95 gallon, Cassy? And where am I going to put one? LOL!
OH I'm sure you can find room for one lol ;) I'm absolutely in love with it and every friend/family member OOGLES over it every time they visit! Once they notice the shrimp they are like WHHHAAAAAA!!?? lol I keep mine in my bedroom! its about 48 x 18 x 24 length width then height. i love cherry shrimp and all those other various Nano shrimp :) they are gorgeous!

here is a picture of my 95 in my room I'm moving the plants around atm to create more shade for my java ferns as u can see i like more of the natural look(at least that's what I'm working towards)
95 gal.jpg

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
@Cassy Oakes - the BEDROOM! Up to now, that's been uncharted territory for fish. I do have a parrot in there - but I'm sure Emmie won't mind fish company. lol

Now you've got me thinkin'......!

Cassy Oakes

@Cassy Oakes - the BEDROOM! Up to now, that's been uncharted territory for fish. I do have a parrot in there - but I'm sure Emmie won't mind fish company. lol

Now you've got me thinkin'......!
nice! what kind of parrot? im sure he/she would love some fish to watch and share! do u let your parrot roam free from the cage?

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
She's a Blue Crown Conure and I've had her for almost 20 years. She has her full wings - because I have dogs - and she needs the ability to fly UP if needed. She roams free with me; under supervision. As with toilets, aquariums have to have a lid because birds drown so easily.

Every morning we "get ready" (for work) and she accompanies me into the bathroom and sits on a perch we've fashioned from a expando-mirror thing. She also likes to go up on the shower curtain rod from time to time. Conures like to scream; that's probably the main thing to know about Emmie. You just have to put up with it. Right now, she's having the molt from hell so I've been making her take deep, soaking baths to soften up those feather shafts. She not a huge fan of forced bathing. LOL But I'm certain she feels so much better afterwards!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
@Cassy Oakes - well I went and did it. My future red rilli shrimp tank will be here on Saturday. I can't believe how excited I am about this. It wasn't that giant tank in the bedroom we talked about (not yet) but it IS a dream fulfilled!

Speaking of dreams realized - totally off topic, however, I have to share with someone.....
Yesterday, at White Elephant gift exchange at work, I drew the #1 spot. That means you get to pick again after it's all done. I SCORED an "Anchorman Doll". I'm not sure which thing I'm more excited about; the new shrimp tank or the doll. I even stopped at Radio Shack on the way home from work and bought him batteries. Guess you know what I'll be doing when I get into the office....
s-l300.jpg