Hello from Vancouver, WA

EthanG

Hey all,

I've been getting back into the fishkeeping hobby since march/April of this year. Had a couple of smaller (10g or less) tanks in my teenage years, but work, college, etc got in the way of keeping them going.

I moved into a new apartment at the beginning of the year and my then Fiance (now Wife) and I decided to get a Betta, with plans for more fish (for our enjoyment, but also something fun for the Niece and Nephew to help choose and take care of).

Have the Betta in a 5.5g by himself, and recently set up a 20L which is cycling (I'll probably have another post about that soon). We will try to introduce him to the 20L once we get some other fish in there and have the 5.5g as quarantine.

Betta:
S6Mek9K.jpg

New tank:
eoTYh8El.jpg

BabyGirl77

Let me be the first to welcome you to the wonderful world of fish. We here at Washington Fishbox are a lively group of individuals who have many years of experience in keeping different kinds of fish. We are very knowledgeable and friendly. We love to help anyone keep their fish for a very long time. We are passionate about what we keep and love this hobby. You could say we are a little crazy about this hobby. Welcome to Washington Fishbox! Enjoy your stay with us.

Laura

Hi Ethan- welcome! Im new as well- so not much to offer as far as advice goes- but i love the betta (all bettas in general)!

The 5.5 gallons are recommened .. Lol i have 3 of them- and now wish all of them were 10 gallons each! Your betta will love the room... Wondering what you will be putting with him?! :)

Again- welcome to the fish forum!

EthanG

Your betta will love the room... Wondering what you will be putting with him?! :)

He is actually going to be added to the 20 Long in a few days once the tank's new residents settle in - we will see how he does, and if he causes any problems He'll be moved back to the 5.5

The 20 Long has 8 Neon Tetras and 3 Otto's.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Looks like a great start.... I'm currently rocking 8 tanks from a 175 down to a7g nano. When you are ready for the big boy Central American cichlids ( wet pets) I can hook you up! Haha.

Welcome