Having a Melt Down

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I might have to get a "real" job now. CRAP. My biggest client has been SOLD to another company. The folks who get screwed in mergers are the LITTLE PEOPLE like me, supporting the big huge monster companies! I don't know if my client still has her job -- so there's a bit -- I mean a TINY BIT - of hope.

Whatta way to start a holiday weekend!

Know anyone that needs some promotional SWAG? It's been my business for over 25 years now. I love promos!

http://putabirdonit.brandedpromotions.com/

Betty

Staff member
Vicki -- I hope your client keeps her job and this all works out the way you want it to!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Vicki -- I hope your client keeps her job and this all works out the way you want it to!

I would have loved this. She and I have been thru TWO previous buyouts - but alas, it is her turn to hit the unemployment line. In fact, everyone -- except one VP - that I have worked with there -- tons of folks -- all gone now. It's other-worldly.

My client and I stay in touch via text. We're friends. I wish the very best for her. She's such a neat gal!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Good news - and thank you for letting me whine here - I started a "day job" today at a FastSigns. 5 days a damn week. I've not worked this hard since 2013. I'm learning sign making - which I find fascinating for some reason - AND I get ALL the referrals for Promotional Products at this shop. Not a bad deal at all! Early Bird Marketing & Promotions is NOT DEAD YET!

In other news, my client's dog died. I've been thru two dogs with her now. It's hard on her. She's such a neat lady. She's still working on trying to keep her mid-level management job; tough with a buy out. I hate mergers and acquisitions!!

Betty

Staff member
That didn't take you long at all! Is your menagerie ok with you being gone all day?

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
That didn't take you long at all! Is your menagerie ok with you being gone all day?

Well when I worked at my last job, I was gone from 5am to about 2pm -- the time has shifted and increased a bit, is all. (Before the home based business -- which is STILL GOING!)

I gotta tell ya, I am having FUN learning new stuff. It's never fun being the "new guy" but it's super fun being the new guy who catches on with the program like a house-a-fire! hahahahaha

Loren

Good news - and thank you for letting me whine here - I started a "day job" today at a FastSigns. 5 days a damn week. I've not worked this hard since 2013. I'm learning sign making - which I find fascinating for some reason - AND I get ALL the referrals for Promotional Products at this shop. Not a bad deal at all! Early Bird Marketing & Promotions is NOT DEAD YET!

In other news, my client's dog died. I've been thru two dogs with her now. It's hard on her. She's such a neat lady. She's still working on trying to keep her mid-level management job; tough with a buy out. I hate mergers and acquisitions!!
Congrats on lining up a job so quickly and being able to keep your other business going as well.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Congrats on lining up a job so quickly and being able to keep your other business going as well.

Pretty amazing. I sent out one resume. To the gal who hired me 12 hours later. Good score. I am enjoying the shit out of this job! Learning new stuff and using all my known knowledge of 25 years in printed promotions. It's working out!