Hasbrosus Cory Eggs

julzhull

I think I have hasbrosus cory eggs! I'm going to try to leave them in the tank with my adults (just shrimp, corydoras and snails). If I get fry, what do they eat? Live baby brine?

17mars

Mine just eat whatever they skim off of the plants and the leftover fish food although I did buy Aquarium Coop's fry food recently. All of the fish like that. I have shrimp, corys, kuhli loaches, snails and neon tetras in my heavily planted tanks where the corys are breeding.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I got some of the Aquarium Co-Op Fry Food too -- for the endless batched of endlers here. Even the adults love it.

julzhull

Checking those eggs every day although I suppose it will be a few more days before they hatch. I've got about a dozen. I'd love it if they survived so I can have a really nice group of hasbrosus corydoras with my skrittles (which I'm calling my multicolored shrimp since they're the skrittle mix from LR Bretz).

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Checking those eggs every day although I suppose it will be a few more days before they hatch. I've got about a dozen. I'd love it if they survived so I can have a really nice group of hasbrosus corydoras with my skrittles (which I'm calling my multicolored shrimp since they're the skrittle mix from LR Bretz).

I was getting parrot food at PetSmart yesterday and saw Juli Cories.....got three. I couldn't help myself.

julzhull

I was getting parrot food at PetSmart yesterday and saw Juli Cories.....got three. I couldn't help myself.
I have one of those, got her several years ago. She lives with our Sterbais and is quite happy.

You have a parrot!?!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I just responded, it's the one thing I don't get notifications on lol.

And I just responded to your response. We're on for next Monday. Time/date TBD ASAP. <== loves using acronyms.

Let me know if you want some Endlers....LOL I gots lots.

julzhull

What I thought were little cory eggs have disappeared. I guess within the timeframe of 3-5 days if they hatched. But I don't see anything. So maybe the little babies are bumbling around looking for food? I've got a lot of hiding spots so hard to say. Nothing predatory in there (hasbrosus corydoras, shrimp, small longfin albino bristlenose, snail babies galore).

julzhull

And I just responded to your response. We're on for next Monday. Time/date TBD ASAP. <== loves using acronyms.

Let me know if you want some Endlers....LOL I gots lots.
Eeek! I wouldn't mind trying Endlers some day but I'm not sure where I'd put them right now. I've got a tank full of albino bluegrass/multigrass guppies...

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Eeek! I wouldn't mind trying Endlers some day but I'm not sure where I'd put them right now. I've got a tank full of albino bluegrass/multigrass guppies...

Hee hee. I totally get it. I do. I want Texas Red Devil Cichlids more than I can even imagine.....but not right now....