GSAS Big Annual Plants, Fish, Equipment Auction - Saturday, Nov. 9th (Seattle (White Center))

Seattle_Aquarist

GSAS Big Annual Plants, Fish, Equipment Auction - Saturday, Nov. 9th (Seattle (White Center))

30783535797_20cab7f0e3_o.jpg

The Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (your local aquarium club since 1971) is having its B-I-G annual General Auction!!

There will be aquarium plants, fish, invertebrates, and equipment! Most of the plants and fish available will be locally grown; both common and rare corys, killies, cichlids, shrimp, koi, as well as common and rare aquatic plants.

You must be a member to sell; everyone can buy: cash, credit cards, (or personal checks for GSAS members)

Our auction will be held at a new location this year; the White Center Eagles Club, 10452 15th Avenue Southwest, Seattle, WA. The club is conveniently located 7 miles north of Seattle-Tacoma airport in White Center.

No admission charge, accessible, family friendly (but please no furry/feathered pets please), lots of free parking on premises

When? Saturday November 9th the doors open at 9:00 AM and the auction starts at 10:00 AM until ??

The money raised at this auction helps GSAS bring world class speakers to our community for our free lecture series presented at our regular meetings on the second Tuesday of the month. In the past year we have offered presentations by following internationally known speakers: Bart Laurens, Rachel O'Leary, Ad Konings, Karen Randall, Oliver Lucanus, Lawrence Kent, Chuck Rambo, Tom Barr, Gary Lange, Dick Au, Ted Judy, Christel Kasselmann, Ian Fuller, Mike Wise, Greg Sage, Juan Miguel Artigas Azas, and Klaus Steinhaus just to name a few.

What can you expect? Last year we had 800 items which were sold in a little less than 5 hours....the pace is fast and furious!! There will be tons of plants; most of them grown by GSAS members and some nice specimen donated by our local aquarium stores. Along with the plants there is member-spawned fish, freshwater shrimp, maybe an axolotl or two. Also used / extra tanks, filters, and heater. We are generously sponsored by many of the local fish stores and numerous aquarium supply manufacturers.

See our web page at GSAS.org for more information.

Keywords: Aquarium Fish Tank Fishtank Tanks Aquarium Aquariums Aquatic Plants

Last edited:
Hi All,

Thank you for coming out and supporting your local aquarium club! It was our most successful auction ever! Watch for 'bigger and better' speakers this coming year.

It was my first time going and it was super awesome! I came to check the comments and wondered if there were times there was a larger turnout, glad my first time turned out to be the most successful! I will definitely come to the next one!