***GSAS B-I-G Annual General Auction - 2018***

Seattle_Aquarist

***GSAS B-I-G Annual General Auction - 2018***

40177205164_4a49e9e768_b.jpg

The Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (your local aquarium club since 1971) is having its B-I-G annual General Auction!!

This is no "small time auction", last year over 800 items were auctioned in a little over 5-1/2 hours, over 2 items per minute! There will be new and used equipment (plants/fish/substrate/lights/filters/tanks/ stands/etc) mostly freshwater but marine folk can score great deals too - we never know what will show up! Most of the plants and fish available will be locally grown: corys, killies, cichlids, shrimp, koi, common and rare aquatic plants (No WA prohibited plants).

You must be a member to sell; everyone can buy: cash and credit cards are accepted; for GSAS members personal checks are also accepted

Our auction will be held at a new location this year! It will be at the Bitter Lake Community Center Gymnasium, 13035 Linden Ave N, Seattle, WA. The community center is conveniently located just off Aurora Ave N. at N. 130th St.

No admission charge, accessible, family friendly (but no furry/feathered pets please), lots of parking

The auction is Saturday, April 21st; the auction starts at 10:00 until ??. Registration and Check-in starts at 9:00; item 'bumping' and early check-out are available

The money raised at this auction helps GSAS bring world class speakers to our community for our free lecture series presented at our regular meetings on the second Tuesday of the month. In the last year we have offered presentations by Ad Konings, Karen Randall, Oliver Lucanus, Lawrence Kent, Chuck Rambo, Tom Barr, Gary Lange, Dick Au, Ted Judy, Christel Kasselmann, Mike Wise, Greg Sage, Ian Fuller, Rusty Wessel, Juan Asas, Dr. Paul Loiselle, Mark Duffill, and Barbie Fiorentino just to name a few. Please help us to continue to bring these world class speakers to the Seattle area!

We are generously sponsored by many of the local aquarium shops and numerous aquarium supply manufacturers.

See our web page at GSAS.org or our Facebook page for more information.

Keywords: Aquarium Fish Tank Fishtank Tanks Aquarium Aquariums Aquatic Plants Tropical Fish CO2

Last edited:

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

Just a reminder that the GSAS Big Annual Auction is two weeks from today. Already we have 50 items pre-registered will be beat last year's record of 800 items......you will have to show up to find out!

Help GSAS continue to bring great speakers to the Northwest for all to enjoy - show up and support your local club! For instance, coming up in May and June are:

Ad Konings - African Cichlids - May 8th meeting
Gary Lange - Rainbowfish - June 12th meeting - Most recent collecting trip to Papua - Did he find new species again?

Betty

Staff member
This new location is farther away for me! :(
I'll try to be there though and will definitely be at the meeting to see Ad Konings. His first time speaking at the GSAS meeting was the reason I joined. :D

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

We are only a week and a half away from the BIG GSAS General Auction, please show up and help to support the club that brings us great speakers year after year....support of guests and members is critical for us to bring these speakers to the Northwest!

Yes, we had to move the location this year from West Seattle. Why? The location we have used for the last several years no longer rents their gymnasium and advised us only three months prior to the auction so we had to scramble to find a space. We will try to have a more central location for next year. If you know of any larger spaces (about the size of a gym with basketball court) please let a GSAS Board Member know.

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

A week to go and already 100+ items are registered including some very unique fish and plant species:

Tequila Goodeids
Rio Otapa Swordtails, Xiphophorus helleri Rio Otapa

Anubias nana pinto
Cryptocoryne affinis metallic red (from Tom Barr)
Ludwigia 'Crystal'

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

200 items registered and climbing quickly even with 3 days to go. Don't forget that the auction is this Saturday (it's going to be rainy so you can't do anything outside anyway) and I hope to see you there!

-Roy

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

The annual GSAS General Auction is tomorrow at the new location at the Bitter Lake Community Center, 13035 Linden Ave N, Seattle, 98133. Doors open at 9:00, bidding starts promptly at 10:00. Come hang with fellow fish enthusiasts, have fun, find bargains, and support the club that brings great international speakers to the Northwest for all to enjoy including Ad Konings (May 8th) and Gary Lange (June 12th).

I know of a 120 gallon set up that will be auctioned along with donations from our very generous GSAS Sponsor Stores; here are some of the items you will see:

40873797684_4204b7e174_b.jpg

40873797804_bb0d04ec6c_b.jpg

40873798214_0125baf883_b.jpg

40873798014_dffbe25e9b_b.jpg

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

A huge thank you to all that attended the GSAS Auction last weekend! We broke all sorts of records including total number of items (over 850!), as well as gross revenue of our members and the club. This will allow GSAS to continue to bring in great speakers are for the coming year!