GSAS B-I-G Annual General Auction - 2016

Seattle_Aquarist

**GSAS B-I-G Annual General Auction - Saturday**

26150182251_30d64ff21f_b.jpg

The Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (your local aquarium club since 1971) is having its B-I-G annual General Auction!!

There will be new and used equipment (plants/fish/substrate/lights/filters/tanks/ stands/etc) mostly freshwater but marine folk can score great deals too - we never know what will show up! Most of the plants and fish available will be locally grown: corys, killies, cichlids, shrimp, koi, common and rare aquatic plants (No WA prohibited plants).

You must be a member to sell; everyone can buy: cash and credit cards are accepted; for GSAS members personal checks are also accepted

Our auction will be held at the same larger location we have used the last three years. It will be at the West Seattle Christian Church Gymnasium, 4400 42nd Avenue Southwest, Seattle, WA. The church is conveniently located at the intersection of SW. Genesee St. and 42nd Ave. SW just 6 blocks from the West Seattle Bridge.

No admission charge, accessible, family friendly (but no furry/feathered pets please), lots of free parking

The auction is Saturday April 23rd the auction starts at 10:00 until ??; Registration and Check-in starts at 9:00; early check out available

The money raised at this auction helps GSAS bring world class speakers to our community for our free lecture series presented at our regular meetings on the second Tuesday of the month. In the last year we have offered presentations by Ad Konings, Karen Randall, Oliver Lucanus, Lawrence Kent, Chuck Rambo, Tom Barr, Gary Lange, Dick Au, Ted Judy, Christel Kasselmann, Mike Wise, Greg Sage, Ian Fuller, Rusty Wessel, Juan Asas, and Barbie Fiorentino just to name a few. Please help us to continue to bring these world class speakers to the Seattle area!

We are generously sponsored by many of the local aquarium shops and numerous aquarium supply manufacturers.

See our web page at GSAS.org or our Facebook page for more information.

Keywords: Aquarium Fish Tank Fishtank Tanks Aquarium Aquariums Aquatic Plants Tropical Fish CO2

Last edited:

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

Only two weeks from today!!! The GSAS General Auction is open to all; anyone may bid. Come join the fun and get your 'fish geek' on! Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

Only three more days until the big GSAS General Auction! Metaframe tanks, plants, fish, equipment - it will all be there. We have had some amazing donations from local and national supporters check them out on our GSAS Facebook page. I hope to see you there on Saturday!
-Roy

Bob

If there are any fishboxers that want to put a face to my name, or punch me in the face for saying SA cichlids are ugly, ill be running the raffle =)

Loren

I will be sure to stop by an say "Hi" and maybe even buy a raffle ticket. And we are even because I have never, ever, ever had any real attraction to African cichlids.

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

I hope everyone is looking forward to tomorrow! Currently there are over 150 items up for auction and the list is growing by the minute a folks pack up their items for tomorrow mornings' auction. Doors open at 9:00AM and the auction starts at 10:00. It will go until everything is sold.

Can't spend all day? No problem for $1 an item can be 'bumped' to the front of the line for immediate auction so you don't have to wait for it to come up in the normal rotation.

Hope to see you there!

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

Still going on with about 1 1/2 hours to go...two items sold every minute! There were over 200 frenzied fish addicts there this morning...great fun!

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi All,

I just want to thank those who made it to the GSAS General Auction yesterday. We had over 200 attendees that purchased about 850 items in about 5 hours; that's better than 2 items per minute!! The pace was frantic, the bargains were everywhere, and everyone I talked to was having a very good time. Thank you all for helping fund your local club for another year of outstanding presentations by national and international speakers (I' ve heard that Kathy - our Speaker Chairperson, has a great international speaker planned for next spring).

GSAS 2016 General Auction (quick mini-video)